T30 vs T32 payload & driving questions - help needed

dilbu

Hi all - I've been advised by my accountant that I can get a T6 kombi as long as the payload is over 1000kg after he read up about the T32. We are trying to find the payload for a T30 kombi; does anyone know where it can be found? I've even asked my local dealer who has only given me the panel van weight which i believe is different to the kombi as you need to take out the weight of the seats from overall payload. Any ideas?

On top of this question, knowing that I might only be able to purchase a T32 or possible a T30 are there any real reasons apart from tax to avoid one over the other and are there any particular engines i should be avoiding or looking for? (I'm wanting to go automatic.)

Thanks so much!

Hi all - I've been advised by my accountant that I can get a T6 kombi as long as the payload is over 1000kg after he read up about the T32. We are trying to find the payload for a T30 kombi; does anyone know where it can be found? I've even asked my local dealer who has only given me the panel van weight which i believe is different to the kombi as you need to take out the weight of the seats from overall payload. Any ideas?

On top of this question, knowing that I might only be able to purchase a T32 or possible a T30 are there any real reasons apart from tax to avoid one over the other and are there any particular engines i should be avoiding or looking for? (I'm wanting to go automatic.)

Thanks so much!
The t32 is a different beast suspension wise to the t30. The t30 could be regarded as an uprated t28, whereas the t32 has significant differences, especially on the front struts & ARB. Depending on which model of t32 you buy, you may also get the big front disc brakes too. If you're going to be carrying any extra load, camper conversion, extra seats, bikes etc, I'd definitely go for the t32. Engine wise either the 150 or the 204. Lot's of negative press about the 204, but you only hear about the bad ones, there are plenty out there just getting on with it, mine included. The 7 speed DSG is excellent, even more so if you have ACC.

Thanks so much!

Beware of 4Motion, the extra weight (I think it's over 200Kg heavier) eats into your payload and that could be important if you're looking for a van that can carry at least 1000Kg for tax purposes.

Beware of 4Motion, the extra weight (I think it's over 200Kg heavier) eats into your payload and that could be important if you're looking for a van that can carry at least 1000Kg for tax purposes.

Thanks for the heads up!

Swiss Vans advised me on the tax issue, recommending the t32, unlike the local main dealer, who nearly dropped me right in it by suggesting a t28! I had no problem with the vat refund etc. over six years of ownership

Back