Soooooo I thought I had a T32

D

Deleted member 24435

Any legal peeps on here? I bought my T6 Kombi Edition SWB T32...but apparently it's a T30 (hilarious). All over my purchase paperwork and service documation it states T32. I thought I'd bought a T32...I only found this out because I've put it up for sale on here and someone told me they didn't make the Kombi, Edition SWB in a T32. I chose a T32, to ensure I didn't go over weight when I had my professional conversion including an Altair Rib on rails bed (they're quite heavy)...I guess I have two questions, am I likely to exceed weight with 4 adults, lots of gear and mountain bikes and do I have some come-back on the dealer?

Any legal peeps on here? I bought my T6 Kombi Edition SWB T32...but apparently it's a T30 (hilarious). All over my purchase paperwork and service documation it states T32. I thought I'd bought a T32...I only found this out because I've put it up for sale on here and someone told me they didn't make the Kombi, Edition SWB in a T32. I chose a T32, to ensure I didn't go over weight when I had my professional conversion including an Altair Rib on rails bed (they're quite heavy)...I guess I have two questions, am I likely to exceed weight with 4 adults, lots of gear and mountain bikes and do I have some come-back on the dealer?
Did you not check the V5, max permissible weight?

I bought it from a VW Commercial dealership, it said T32 on my purchase documentation, it wasn't something I figured I needed to check...

I've checked since someone pointed out it was a T30 and it's defo a T30, dealership have confirmed it's a T30 too, and that somehow the information on all my docs are wrong, except the V5. That shows max laden 3080...

If you were sold the van explicitly as a T32 and if it's definitely not a T32 then that's a factual misrepresentation. The law then says that you need to be able to demonstrate that that misrepresentation influenced your purchasing decision. If all 3 things are true, you have come-back on the dealer.

The questions above are all aimed at ensuring that the second part is true - i.e. that you're sure it's not a T32 - so don't take offense.

Thanks all, help really appreciated. I genuinely thought I'd bought a T32, was concerned about conversion weight so figured this was the best option for me. Unlike a lot of you I didn't research, I'd wanted a VDub forever, the Edition came up, it was an auto, nice spec, drove beautifully and and I bought it. I'd told the dealer I wanted a T32, never thought to check. So now worried I'm exceeding weight and p'd off with my dealer...ho hum

Not yet, dealership said they can arrange that.

Thanks all, help really appreciated. I genuinely thought I'd bought a T32, was concerned about conversion weight so figured this was the best option for me. Unlike a lot of you I didn't research, I'd wanted a VDub forever, the Edition came up, it was an auto, nice spec, drove beautifully and and I bought it. I'd told the dealer I wanted a T32, never thought to check. So now worried I'm exceeding weight and p'd off with my dealer...ho hum
Now we’ve established what you’ve actually got. If you thought you were buying a t32, the bill of sale says t32 & all the relevant paperwork from the seller says t32. Then you have a slam dunk case under the 2015 consumer rights act. Which states that the goods must be “as described” in the vendors labelling or brochure. You can also argue that the goods aren’t “fit for purpose” as you require a vehicle capable of having a max weight of 3200kg.

Don't beat yourself up too much - you (and I) would expect a VW commercial dealership to get something so basic right.
Thanks, feeling like a right muppet if I'm honest.

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
Now we’ve established what you’ve actually got. If you thought you were buying a t32, the bill of sale says t32 & all the relevant paperwork from the seller says t32. Then you have a slam dunk case under the 2015 consumer rights act. Which states that the goods must be “as described” in the vendors labelling or brochure. You can also argue that the goods aren’t “fit for purpose” as you require a vehicle capable of having a max weight of 3200kg.
Not quite - you also need to demonstrate that the misrepresentation influenced your decision to purchase (though I suspect that would be fairly straightforward in this case).

Back