Soooooo I thought I had a T32

I thought that all T32 vans has the larger disks?
Both my vans are T32 for the larger weight and both have the bigger disks.
I have had a T30 before and the disks were smaller.
Am I correct in thinking this?
Yes I believe that's true, but do we really expect the OP or average van user to know this? The main dealer should however know this fact

Yes I believe that's true, but do we really expect the OP or average van user to know this? The main dealer should however know this fact
Yes that's correct ,but may be a quick check that he cold do to put his mind at rest.
Never trust a sales man anyway.

No, that’s not true. Some T32 vans have the smaller brakes, even some brand new T6.1s.

It is not correct to assume that all T32 vans have big front brakes.

No, that’s not true. Some T32 vans have the smaller brakes, even some brand new T6.1s.

It is not correct to assume that all T32 vans have big front brakes.
Every days a school day.
I thought it was standard fit due to the extra weight that can be taken.
Makes a big difference on breaking,glad both my vans have them.

I have done exactly that: T30 to T32 weight rating via SVTech.

LWB 4mo DSG camper runs at about 2900kg with only me in it. Add in some passengers and I was worryingly close, particularly over the front axle. Very heavy van spec options though so probably doesn’t apply in most cases.

Didn’t the OP say they only found this out because they were selling the van? Might not care a lot about changing it, just getting the dealers to admit they were wrong, hand over some money for the trouble, etc.? Should be easy with most of the VW dealers I know…..
Did you have to make any physical alterations to the van to get it up-rated? Suspension/tyres/wheels etc?

Going against the grain here but, I really wouldn't be too concerned, most Kombi's are T32's so I can see why the dealers could have got things wrong. In practical terms you'll likely be better off with a T30 it gives a wider choice of wheels and tyres, it'll have a better ride as standard and while I've heard of people coming close to max weight with a converted T28 I doubt you'll get any where near the 3080kg max no matter what you do. If you like the van just get on with enjoying it.
That’s like ordering a pint & being served a short measure in my book.

T32 with BiTDI engine (180 & 204ps) has 340mm front discs, there is a well discussed content on the Forum.

Every days a school day.
I thought it was standard fit due to the extra weight that can be taken.
Makes a big difference on breaking,glad both my vans have them.
Yeah, it's a common misconception as the majority of T32 vans will have the bigger brakes, but not all. I agree, they do make a difference and are a popular upgrade for the 308mm brakes.

Did you have to make any physical alterations to the van to get it up-rated? Suspension/tyres/wheels etc?
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that SVT offered 3200 kg max with 1600 kg for each axle without any changes or questions. However I was already close to that on the front axle (with masses left to play with on the rear) so I specifically asked for the front to be rated even higher. To do this they wanted the springs changed to those off a T32. Since there is really no such thing as a T28/T30/T32 spring (as we know from the many discussions on this) I could just explain this and send them a photo of my current springs which are nearly the strongest rating VW sell (3 grey one green). With this they were happy to go ahead.

Other than that I have Pedders HD springs on the rear, Koni SA shocks all round, standard VW Thunder alloys, and I run Agilis CrossClimates at 106 LR. But these are all things I have done and checked, not required when it was up-plated.

Reactions: CAB
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that SVT offered 3200 kg max with 1600 kg for each axle without any changes or questions. However I was already close to that on the front axle (with masses left to play with on the rear) so I specifically asked for the front to be rated even higher. To do this they wanted the springs changed to those off a T32. Since there is really no such thing as a T28/T30/T32 spring (as we know from the many discussions on this) I could just explain this and send them a photo of my current springs which are nearly the strongest rating VW sell (3 grey one green). With this they were happy to go ahead.

Other than that I have Pedders HD springs on the rear, Koni SA shocks all round, standard VW Thunder alloys, and I run Agilis CrossClimates at 106 LR. But these are all things I have done and checked, not required when it was up-plated.
So when the insurance company asks ‘has the vehicle been modified in any way?’ what‘s the answer and implications?

So when the insurance company asks ‘has the vehicle been modified in any way?’ what‘s the answer and implications?
Answer: Full disclosure - it's been up-plated to xxxx kg and the suspension & wheels have been upgraded.
Implications: Who knows - depends on the specific insurer.

The short answer is no.

Did you have to fit t32 front struts? They are different on the t32 compared to the t28/30.

I’ve a T30 with big disks, depends on the engine output I think as I’ve the 199bhp.

Does any of this actually matter now?

He's used the van for what he wanted to without any problems or consequence, now he wants to sell it. Is this a case of trying to get recompense for a non-event? If he had of got nabbed for being overweight, then he would have a case, but as far as we've been told, nothing like that happened.

Does any of this actually matter now?

He's used the van for what he wanted to without any problems or consequence, now he wants to sell it. Is this a case of trying to get recompense for a non-event? If he had of got nabbed for being overweight, then he would have a case, but as far as we've been told, nothing like that happened.
It matters if he paid top money for what he thought was a t32, but now has to sell it as a t30. If he paid a premium for a t32, he’s suffered a loss. It’s no different to the emission claims for diesel gate. People are getting paid out for notional “losses” when in fact they haven’t suffered an actual loss.

Back