Swivel seat retrofit

I've only got the double passenger swivel, its from Kiravans, I would consider myself as crap regarding doing anything myself to the van !! but I managed in an hour myself, it just needed a bit of adjusting to the seat bolts.

Using a lowering bracket or cutting off the existing bracket from the base and re fixing it lower?

Yes mate using a lowering bracket is my plan but i cant find any instructions on how to do it. And please dont say 'its pretty obvious....' im not a mechanic and vehicles arent obvious to me..... lol

This is the instructions for a sport craft lowering bracket. Marcle Leisure.co.uk

It’s not that difficult to drill the spotwelds out of the oem bracket to remove it then re droll the base and bolt it back on about 25mm further forward and 40mm lower. You can keep the original plastics then. Looks so much better. :thumbsup:

My converter has fitted heated leather swivel seats both with armrests without any problems. I can do photos of the fitting if anyone wants them...

This is the instructions for a sport craft lowering bracket. Marcle Leisure.co.uk

It’s not that difficult to drill the spotwelds out of the oem bracket to remove it then re droll the base and bolt it back on about 25mm further forward and 40mm lower. You can keep the original plastics then. Looks so much better. :thumbsup:

For me, thats difficult.... thanks for the tip though. Appreciated.

Sportscraft VW T5 with Handbrake kit Motorhome,Camper,Campervan.

Anyone fitted the hand brake lowering kit? I have done the passenger side with the sportscraft swivel, which turned out great very straight forward.
Is it as simple as it seems for the driver side with handbreak lowering?

I fitted Sportscraft swivels to both front seats and I wasn't at all happy with the handbrake lowering bracket, it lowers the handbrake lever almost to tjhe floor!
So I cut off the factory handbrake lever mount and rewelded it |(it actually only needs to be 35mm lower than standard to clear the swivel) also, the lower plastic
trim can go back on (after being trimmed by the same amount).

Anyone who wants my sportscraft bracket is welcome to have it, just let me know.

72204B93-18AC-43C0-9688-FB07925D95BC.jpeg E0B99AD0-FBE1-4586-9CF1-027E05D0D4A3.jpeg 6BD2A5CA-4A5D-4EA7-90A6-BA42FF607879.jpeg 81314113-FC0F-4484-B673-FE20C38143CE.jpeg Hi, sorry for the delay, here are a couple of photos of my seat swivels with armrests and heated seat wiring. The heated seat switches are on the seat side trim inboard side...

How much did you guys pay to get the swivel seats fitted?
I have heated front seats and would love to have at least the passenger seat to be able to swivel - but cand find any idea of prices fitted and can't find anywhere in the north east that fitt them -:(

Back