Suggestion To Correct Stance After Conversion

Vanman

T6 Pro
Following the completion of our camper conversion, I notice that the van looks decidedly middle-aged (ie its backside has gone south). It is a t30 and I wonder if a spring change to t32 will do the trick. Not a fan of lowering the van to compensate. It’s not really that far out, but if there is a simple solution I would like to fix it .

724EDF34-B802-4BC5-BDA2-407C3CF6D4D6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a T32 spring set on the rear.

Reactions: Loz
Yes a cheap quick fix might be to try a T32 spring in the rear . Not sure if any one knows the colour code on a T32 ( I am doing one tomorrow so ill check )
Measure the rake of the car sill height from ground behind front wheel and in front of rear wheel that will tell us what increase we need .

Yes a cheap quick fix might be to try a T32 spring in the rear . Not sure if any one knows the colour code on a T32 ( I am doing one tomorrow so ill check )
Measure the rake of the car sill height from ground behind front wheel and in front of rear wheel that will tell us what increase we need .
Thanks for the advise . I wasn’t sure if I should do the rear only or just do a complete change ? Probably a bit thick here but given the fact when I’m camping it really does have everything including the neighbours kitchen sink in the van ! Might it not be better to t32 all round?
I note you are based in Cannock and I’m in Luton so probably a bit too far to get it done by you. Does anyone have recommendations for anyone more local in beds or bucks?

Yes too far for a simple job like that , Just fit the rears ! , if you change all 4 its a big job and will probably still sit with a sagging rear

I have a T32 camper with stock suspension, even with 100L of water behind the rear axle it sits level.

Theres some T32s on here going for free near Spalding. Let me see if I can find the post.

The rear springs are simple to replace if you’re reasonably competent. YouTube it.

Yep, springs are easily done with brute force, ignorance and a long bar!
Well I’m ignorant,and a bit of a brute all I need now is a long bar and some springs . Anyone out there in “t 6 land “got any t32 springs going begging?

Here’s a question, is it possible (or a good idea) to just replace fronts with coil overs and leave the rears as is? The reason I ask is that I’m happy with the rear but the front sits way too high. I’ve been looking at the Stance+ kit but heard that the rears sometimes knock if it’s a particularly heavy van. As mine’s a LWB with camper conversion and RIB, it is a little weighty!

Here’s a question, is it possible (or a good idea) to just replace fronts with coil overs and leave the rears as is? The reason I ask is that I’m happy with the rear but the front sits way too high. I’ve been looking at the Stance+ kit but heard that the rears sometimes knock if it’s a particularly heavy van. As mine’s a LWB with camper conversion and RIB, it is a little weighty!
I have a set of used H&R front springs if you want to try , them , My worry is you wont be happy with the ride using standard shocks
Free to good home if you want to try them
I still think lifting the rear with T 32 springs , or spacers ( or both ) is the answer

Replacing the front springs is not a simple task. It’s an expensive risk to take, especially if there’s no proof that it’ll resolve the issue.
The rear end options are proven and inexpensive to adopt IMHO....

So looks like 20mm approx . All I need to do now is work how much I’m looking to lift on my set up .thanks for the info .
Possibly need t32 + 20mm spacers. Where can I get the spacers and what sizes are available?

My camper conversion is always fully kitted out ready to go away, and has a RIB bed and always has 20-30kgs of water and a underslung gas tank. If your load is lighter the lift effect will be greater.

My camper conversion is always fully kitted out ready to go away, and has a RIB bed and always has 20-30kgs of water and a underslung gas tank. If your load is lighter the lift effect will be greater.
Hi thanks for that , it was going to be the next question . I suspect we are not too dissimilar . I do have a tow bar but I only carry a relatively small amount of water other than that the typical fit out. I will need to some measurements now . The other minefield is knowing which spring to get do you happen to know the colour code ? Is it 3 grey stripes?

Back