Fitted T32 rear springs but still got a saggy rear

I have 2 pairs of T32 springs in my garage. The diameter of the actual metal making up the spring is clearly different between the 2 pairs. As the table I pulled together above demonstrates, there is no single thing called a T32 rear spring - there are many variations, to cope with the many weight variations.

Pete
Do you want let me have a set?

I'm more hacked off with the fellow forum member who led me to believe I was paying for something I wasn't!
who sold them to you might have genuinely taken them off his T32 Van so passed them to you as T32s not knowing the color codes you need to ask him 1st not everyone's a scammer im 50 miles from Midhurst are you going to camp weekend

who sold them to you might have genuinely taken them off his T32 Van so passed them to you as T32s not knowing the color codes you need to ask him 1st not everyone's a scammer im 50 miles from Midhurst are you going to camp weekend
It would be strange to have T28 springs fitted to a T32 though, wouldn’t it?

I’d have a word with who ever charged you £90 to fit them, that’s extortionate, it’s a simple job.
My first instinct was to agree with you.
Then I thought about how long it would take me in a fully equipped workshop, then halve that time for a proper mechanic, (not me!)
Anyway, it's surely more than an hour for front and rear, possibly and hour and a half, if every nut comes off easily. (Or am I just really slow? :slow rofl: )
Most garages are working on at least £60 per hour so suddenly it's not sounding too extortionate, I'd be happy to pay that, everybody's entitled to a reasonable profit.

Then I thought about how long it would take me in a fully equipped workshop, then halve that time for a proper mechanic, (not me!)
Anyway, it's surely more than an hour for front and rear, possibly and hour and a half, if every nut comes off easily. (Or am I just really slow? :slow rofl: )
Most garages are working on at least £60 per hour so suddenly it's not sounding too extortionate, I'd be happy to pay that, everybody's entitled to a reasonable profit.
I think it was £90 just for the rears. Which, if correct, is about 15-20 mins on a ramp.

What annoys me more is someone on here sold T28 springs as T32. Thats unusual for this forum and imho should be named.

It was just the rears as far as I’m aware. 5 mins / side with the van on a lift.

It would be strange to have T28 springs fitted to a T32 though, wouldn’t it?
Have you not contacted the member ... has he not read this and he might give you a refund.. maybe he had a saggy bottom is why he changed them with out even looking at color banding to what came off ............ we are all still Innocent till proven guilty.. or shall we just hang him anyway .......
and less the mechanic is a personal friend ... he's out to make a living too.. he wouldn't do the job as a favor ..

he didn't want to rush the Job ... and might do you a deal as the other set failed ... hang him tooo lol ...

That/s good see what he says ... have you checked the weight of your van The shuttle springs might be softer as its build for carrying people not cargo i have a 2016 T30 my van furniture cabinets s and bed have not made any noticeable difference but its a / was Panel Van ( still is ) even when fully loaded

I have 2 pairs of T32 springs in my garage. The diameter of the actual metal making up the spring is clearly different between the 2 pairs. As the table I pulled together above demonstrates, there is no single thing called a T32 rear spring - there are many variations, to cope with the many weight variations.

Pete
@Pete C Did the correct T32 springs eventually fix this sag mate? If so, which ones did you use? or did you have to coil over it?.

Thanks in advance.

Aso.

@Pete C Did the correct T32 springs eventually fix this sag mate? If so, which ones did you use? or did you have to coil over it?.

Thanks in advance.

Aso.

Haven’t fitted them yet - too busy using the van or home DIY.

Pete

Haven’t fitted them yet - too busy using the van or home DIY.

Pete
Appreciate the reply. I'm going to get a set and try it. I don't know if t6.1's are different from t6 but we shall find out soon enough.

gents look on Transporter HQ on YouTube they did a vid on all different set-ups including now selling lift springs for rear sag, worth a look.

Back