Storm poptop

Snap! Well almost - I booked in with cosmic yesterday too for a late Decemeber install. I've already got windows but having the pop top, solar panel and auto term heater fitted. LWB colour coded starlight blue. Happy with their service and response so far. Will update on how it goes when it's in
Would love to see some pictures and feedback once complete as I am discussing at the moment to have my van done with them early 2023 cheers

Would love to see some pictures and feedback once complete as I am discussing at the moment to have my van done with them early 2023 cheers
I need to get some more pictures but I've attached a couple. Really happy with the service provided and seems a really good job. Not been able to use it much yet as it's my daily driver and busy with work - but will try and get some more pictures at the weekend. The storm pop top looks good - seems sturdy. No noises etc. Just as it should be.

20221212_144917.jpg

D229A4ED-087B-4A24-8361-F5B42DDF9081.jpeg

Same here just had our storm pop top up for 10 days on the Isle of Wight with one day of torrential rain and 2 days of high winds and it performed great.

John.

As above really has anyone used them as a roof installer, prices seem very competitive and can also install other items at same time

I’ve had a Storm pop top fitted by Cosmic campers in Derby they have done an excellent job of the conversion and I can highly recommend them.

John.

IMG_0615.pngIMG_0613.pngIMG_0616.pngIMG_0614.pngIMG_0618.pngIMG_0617.pngIMG_0622.jpeg

That's very interesting to hear, when comparing psckage prices it's not far off just what a skyline roof would be alone

@Rioja John do you have any close ups of then interior of the pip tip and how the trim is finished, if you don't mind me asking did you go for one of their package deals ,
Hi I am away at the moment but I have a full package done happy to send you some picture once I am back
Also happy to give you my thoughts on cosmic
Storm poptop
Heater
Windows
Carpet
Ect

Hi I am away at the moment but I have a full package done happy to send you some picture once I am back
Also happy to give you my thoughts on cosmic
Storm poptop
Heater
Windows
Carpet
Ect
Yes please send over any photos, gives a good overall idea and taken into account all experience

My 2c for what it’s worth
I did the install myself and made one or two little deviations from thier instructions ( nothing major )
But from what I saw , all the parts were good quality and heavy duty , they do sit a little higher that a few other brands but you can store your matress and a few other bits up there so I’m not bothered about the slight increased height .
The finish is great under the roof , looks like a well vaccumed moulded roof

It held up well in some very nasty weather with strong winds .

My mate has the skyline aroura and I think the curves of the storm suit the van better , obviously just my opinion

The only thing I didn’t like was the finishing plastic strip around the opening so I ditched that and carpeted it very neatly instead

That’s all folks

Just a quick update here on my Cosmic Campervans fitted LWB Storm pop top, that I had fitted November 2022.

It’s been great, no problems at all. Used it numerous occasions and it’s been fine. So much, so in fact, when I sell the van in a few weeks, I’ll have exactly the same fitted to my replacement T6.1.

I live in Derby, so Cosmic is very convenient for me, but I also found their work good and they have the right attitude.IMG_1651.jpegIMG_1537.jpegIMG_1193.jpegIMG_1192.jpegIMG_9700.jpeg

Just a little update on my top
On my way home from the beach last week it developed a squeak , drove me absolutely mad this past week ,
I tried everything, removing mattress , lubricating the struts as well as the end connectors .
It was like torture driving, the noise was coming from above the rear seat area

It was a creaking screeching

Finally I found the little fu&@er it was a screw from the sliding hatch cover that wasn’t in deep enough so it was scratching on the side supports , it has taken some time to wear through the carpet and now it was just metal on metal

Hopefully this might help someone else

Just a little update on my top
On my way home from the beach last week it developed a squeak , drove me absolutely mad this past week ,
I tried everything, removing mattress , lubricating the struts as well as the end connectors .
It was like torture driving, the noise was coming from above the rear seat area

It was a creaking screeching

Finally I found the little fu&@er it was a screw from the sliding hatch cover that wasn’t in deep enough so it was scratching on the side supports , it has taken some time to wear through the carpet and now it was just metal on metal

Hopefully this might help someone else
Any pictures pls ?

Posted in another thread
Thanks to @cosmiccampervans for a great set of instructions and support
Not bad for a first attempt

View attachment 179642

View attachment 179643
Hi, would it be possible to tell me please, what extra height the pop top adds to the van? I've been told 4 different heights, I need to get mine lowered to keep it under 2meters, not sure how much I'll need to lower it, getting a storm pop top fitted end of June.cheers

Hi, would it be possible to tell me please, what extra height the pop top adds to the van? I've been told 4 different heights, I need to get mine lowered to keep it under 2meters, not sure how much I'll need to lower it, getting a storm pop top fitted end of June.cheers
Hi will try and get pictures and measurements over the weekend for you my van is on standard suspension and new wheels plus not full fitted all this adds a slight difference to the overall height of the van in total but will get you the top it’s self
Also I have a flat solar panel ontop worth thinking if you are doing this ?

Back