Storm poptop

JimDiesel

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

Looking to get a pop top fitted to my bus, was looking at the usual suspects, skyline, Austops, reimo, then came across the Storm pop top, looks like a great combination of all of the existing brands.

Anyone come across them before or have experience of them???
Or other Recommendations ?

Thanks
Jim

Hi All,

Looking to get a pop top fitted to my bus, was looking at the usual suspects, skyline, Austops, reimo, then came across the Storm pop top, looks like a great combination of all of the existing brands.

Thanks
Jim
In the same situation as you. These have popped up during my search too and have heard of good reviews. Apparently newish, but better spec and more up to date than the others still with warranty also .

You only get to cut one hole in the roof, I’d be more inclined to use an established roof brand and let someone else be the crash test dummy.

My neighbour had one fitted last year. Great roof with no problems at all. Had some issues with contacting them but roof is really good.

We saw the Storm roof at busfest and the finish was really good even the underneath was smooth. When I contacted them they had about a 2 week turnaround. The other part of the business is Summit motorhomes which has a very good reputation and also makes the sidepod extensions for crafters, etc

We saw the Storm roof at busfest and the finish was really good even the underneath was smooth. When I contacted them they had about a 2 week turnaround. The other part of the business is Summit motorhomes which has a very good reputation and also makes the sidepod extensions for crafters,
Anyone know a rough price for fitting/supply

We use them also, great roofs.

Hi All,

Thanks
Jim
It depends on your budget as the 3 Uk brands you menton while good are similar but manufactured different to the REIMO so you can see where the additional money goes for the REIMO (or SCA).

Thanks

Anyone know a rough price for fitting/supply
Cosmic quoted us circa £3,750
All in, which includes
Black gell coat Roof fitted
Colour coding top to van metallic paint, Scenic canvas,Bifold bed board carpeted, carpeted hatch cover and Carpeting of all framework.

It depends on your budget as the 3 Uk brands you menton while good are similar but manufactured different to the REIMO so you can see where the additional money goes for the REIMO (or SCA).

Thanks
Yeah, we had open budget tbh as it’s one of the biggest alterations to the van, and just went with what we thought looked and felt better quality and operation over all.

Does anybody have a storm poptop fitted and what’s their thoughts on it? Any input appreciated

Cheers

Hi Dan,

We've recently started installing Storm pop tops in our conversions. We've completed our first and it's been great. Very impressed with the quality and the company seems proactive in listening also to what the installers would like to see them implement.

We now have our next 3 builds all featuring the Storm roof also. We have a van due to be collected on Friday, you're more than welcome to take a look up close for yourself before it goes, i also have one undergoing conversion so you can see behind the scenes of how we're fitting these!

Brandon

Hi Brandon thanks for reply,

I’ve placed an order on a reimo because I couldn’t find any feedback anywhere from anyone who actually has a storm fitted but they look great,hope they work well for you

Cheers

Hi Brandon thanks for reply,

I’ve placed an order on a reimo because I couldn’t find any feedback anywhere from anyone who actually has a storm fitted but they look great,hope they work well for you

Cheers
No problem at all,

You definitely won’t be disappointed with the Reimo either, there’s a reason we’ve been fitting them for over 10 years

@AJCConversions

Hi Brandon. What would you say is the Storm poptop's USP?
Bav,

At the moment despite Storm being a relatively new company they’ve looked at a lot of the flaws on the likes of the Reimo, for example rough finish on the underside of the roof.

They have implemented a rear strap n all roofs to pull the canvas in by the scissor hinge,

The canvas installation method is much simpler than the staple in canvas’s making a replacement much cheaper and simpler should the worst happen in the future.

The company are very proactive in responding to info from the fitters and doing what they can to implement anything to improve which I’ve had no luck with while chatting to other manufacturers.

I suppose there’s not a single USP so to speak but a number of small things all making the difference including an overall cost of approx £1000 less vs a Superflat.

That being said the Reimo would still be my go to on my own vehicle due to the number of years they’ve been tried and tested but in order to e the reduce conversion costs slightly it’s a very very good product!

Hope that all helps and happy to post any piccies if anybody would like to see anything in particular

Back