Pop-top canvas - standard or scenic?

Rioja John

Neckender
T6 Guru
Our van goes in on Monday to have a Storm pop top fitted with scenic canvas I’m wondering if we should go for the ordinary canvas as I don’t know whether we would use the scenic.
what do others think that have scenic or standard canvas.

John.

Our van goes in on Monday to have a Storm pop top fitted with scenic canvas I’m wondering if we should go for the ordinary canvas as I don’t know whether we would use the scenic.

John.
Hi @Rioja John what colour roof are you having with your pop top - are you going pure grey ? We've got a pure grey van and we're looking at maybe getting a pop top and was wondering whether to go pure grey or gloss black.

Scenic. It’s nice to sit up there with a beer and look at the view.
Also it’s essential in hot weather to let plenty of air through the van.6BF4C048-C484-4BA4-9545-304830DD4CD9.jpeg
Belgium a few weeks ago, would have melted in the van otherwise, those little side vents don’t let enough air through.

John.
Didn't expect many places would be open Monday

I’ve got a Reimo roof with a panoramic canvas, never used it in 4 years of travelling but for the cost difference it’s there if we want it.
If you have the misfortune of an elevating strut disconnecting from the roof unzipping the panoramic canvas will help to get it reconnected without the need to somehow compress the strut.

Hi @Rioja John what colour roof are you having with your pop top - are you going pure grey ? We've got a pure grey van and we're looking at maybe getting a pop top and was wondering whether to go pure grey or gloss black.
I’ve put an answer on your other post in team pure grey. I’m going black roof with black canvas.

John.

I’m a bit surprised you got a fitment so fast. Are they not very busy?
When I called there last week they were busy but I think the’d had a cancellation or something similar they said that they had tried to contact a couple of customers to bring theirs forwards but they hadn’t had a reply so they offered me the opening which I excepted.
Quite excited about taking our van in tomorrow.

John.

When I called there last week they were busy but I think the’d had a cancellation or something similar they said that they had tried to contact a couple of customers to bring theirs forwards but they hadn’t had a reply so they offered me the opening which I excepted.

John.
Thats lucky for you.

John.
@Skyliner33 I received this message from my son this evening from Cosmic Campers.
I think I booked mine a week to early.

John.
00942A6F-78AB-494A-B2F5-79BF99349AED.jpeg

If you can take the canvas off, then a big long zip and a sewing machine. It is often a big job to pull the canvas off - remove the internal carpet, unscrew the clamping strip, then pull it off the glue/sealant. Your roof might have a totally different approach to mine of course.

If you can take the canvas off, then a big long zip and a sewing machine. It is often a big job to pull the canvas off - remove the internal carpet, unscrew the clamping strip, then pull it off the glue/sealant. Your roof might have a totally different approach to mine of course.
I don't think I would be the best at sewing haha.

I can definitely remove the pop top canvas. Any companies for sewing the zip?

And whilst you have the sewing machine out, you will need to add some straps and Velcro so you can reef the unzipped canvas up. Or you could use some cord and an actual reef knot for a nautical theme.

For sewing in a zip, any reupholsterer nearby you should have a meaty sewing machine and the skills to fit a zip. You would want to ask them to put a fly flap on the outside to keep the weather out.

Back