Stop/Start Not Working

My stop start never worked on our 2017 camper from purchase in Jan this year right up to the point where the Moll battery finally conked out.

The VW Assist engineer was great replacing the battery under warranty but pointed out that the stop/start won't work if the ecu thinks that the battery hasn't got enough energy to perform the task... sadly the pyscho stop/start now works, not sure why the T6 version is so clunky compared to the predictable version we had on our Seat Leon 2.0 tdi?

Mine works too bloomin often. Even had it cut the engine while still rolling, albeit at like 1 to 2mph but still moving non the less. I'm getting the hang of just feathering the brake in traffic now as with just light pressure on the pedal it doesn't kick in

I thought I read somewhere it shouldn't cut the engine if the indicator is on, mine does though, heyho.

Why can't they put the disable switch closer to the driver in the UK, pesky Europeans getting it to be the first button they get to

Last edited:
Hi got a fault with my stop start it’s saying on the computer that there is a fault with the battery temperature monitor could anyone shed any light on what or where it is or does it fun off the coolant temp sensors

If you have a Moll battery then the stop /start not working is a pointer to the battery being forked and time to call VW Assistance for a replacement if you're still inside the three year warranty... if none of those then somebody mopre knowledgeable will be along shortly.:thumbsup:

Can you provide the exact error code/description ?
There are people here who understand such things much better than me, and they may be able to help.

Pete

hi iv owned my van about 3 months now and my stop start came on for fist time ten days ago not been on again since iv covered about 700 miles been on once and I have a moll battery and couple of days ago it started in the morning but seemed bit sluggish starting ,iv been reading the reviews reguards battery and im not to hopeful on it at all any advice on iy

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, had a look on the forum but couldnt see anything. I'm getting a stop start error when i turn ignition on, have used my obdeleven app and no faults are being found. Apparently the battery was swapped before i bought the van (t6 highline) i was told it would more than likely go off after approx 150 miles of use. Has anyone else heard this before or know of anything else it could be?

When i turn ignition on it says stop start error, it also says that if i press the stop start button.

Not sure how i do that, it just says no faults found once the scan is complete
I'm more thinking of missing communication between modules.

No need to be connected to van.

Under "My Car - History" tap a line "Full Scan" you should get the screen below.

Then by clicking the "envelope" OBD11 generates a report (into file history.txt) to share. Then e.g. send it by email to yourself. Then upload the file here. You might want to strip off last 5 digits of the VIN.

Yes, a bit clumsy...
HIstory-FullScan.png

I'm more thinking of missing communication between modules.

No need to be connected to van.

Under "My Car - History" tap a line "Full Scan" you should get the screen below.

Then by clicking the "envelope" OBD11 generates a report (into file history.txt) to share. Then e.g. send it by email to yourself. Then upload the file here. You might want to strip off last 5 digits of the VIN.

Yes, a bit clumsy...
View attachment 62403
Hopefully this is what you mean

Attachments

• 1_history.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1_history.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
Make sure the battery shunt is connected on the negitive battery post...

The 2 wire data conector..

Back