Stop/Start Not Working

Have a look at the ctek D250 split charge unit, it is compatible with regenerative charging profiles and supports solar panels for future addition.

Thats what i am using, its a bit cheaper but limited to 20A charge but can be upped substantially using a bolt on smartpass unit with the correct cabling but takes up a lot of space if you use them both, 20A is more than enough to fit my needs as we dont go away for long periods and never drain it that much but with the additional unit you are back to the sort of money your already at

Thanks, will look at that!

On another note, I stalled my van last week, think I was trying to pull away in 3rd, still getting to grips with the 6 speed box, I put the clutch back down to switch off and re start and it started up by itself! Bonus!

Mine stops with the air con on but not if I have only been doing short journeys round town. When I have done a few miles on decent roads (bypass/motorway etc) it's fine. Obviously it needs sufficient journeys to build up enough battery backup to carry on running everything.
See my post today.

From our VW dealer:

"The Start Stop can be quite random, it is temperature sensitive, Brake Pedal Sensitive and dependant on the draw of power on the battery. Any load on the battery can prevent the engine from stopping, ie Air Con , Heated Rear Window.

If you don’t run the vehicle for a few days it can take slightly longer for the battery to reach the correct charge."

Which is pretty much the conclusion we have all come to.

Hi,
I'm having a problem with the stop/start on my T6.
It will only work if I turn off the fans, is anyone else having the same problem ?
Its been to the garage 4 times, and I'm told there's nothing wrong with it !
They loaned me two different courtesy vans, they both worked (Stop/Start) perfectly, with all the electrics on ...

Stop start is a finiky thing.
Have a read through the usermanual as there are a number of conditions required for stop start to work.

Thanks for the input, it must be me being hypersensitive.
I was just concerned that the loan vans worked 50 yards after pulling off the forecourt.

It will not work if there is a large enough electrical draw on the system
On mine it will not operate with AC turned on or of the fan is on setting 2 or above

As mentioned it will only kick in when the draw is low and the battery at 80%, however, if youhave a faulty battery it may not be holding sufficient charge.
There is currently an ongoing issue with Moll type batteries, check your battery type.

As mentioned it will only kick in when the draw is low and the battery at 80%, however, if youhave a faulty battery it may not be holding sufficient charge.
There is currently an ongoing issue with Moll type batteries, check your battery type.
on the last but one visit to the VW garage they fitted a new battery (apparently)
but I'm not convinced they did !!

Just lift up the top flap over the battery and see what’s wrote on it, varta AGM are the good ones and Moll EFB are the ones loads of people are having issues with

Wish I knew someone local to turn mine off! On my t6 and my transit I absolutely hate the thing!

Wish I knew someone local to turn mine off! On my t6 and my transit I absolutely hate the thing!

Give the van a run down the road to Poole, https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/

Or I wonder if @BognorMotors can switch it off?

I got mine done for free as a donor vehicle, I can forget all about it now. :)

But it drives me mad when I jump into my wife's car and the bloody things cuts out every 30 seconds. :(

My brothers E63s has it too, what's the bloody point in a V8 twin turbo motor having start/stop, if you buy one of them you kind of accept that fuel economy and emissions aren't at the top of your priorities. :D

My wife is saying that for the past couple of weeks that sometimes when she stops and the van engine stops it doesn’t always restart in stop start mode?. Is this a common fault do I need to take it in to the dealer? It’s out of warranty in 2 months.
Just to add she says it’s since the new head unit was fitted but I can’t see how that would affect it. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine fails to restart too often as well. At a recent service they said they couldn’t find anything wrong. I often feel obliged to push the button to disable the system, especially if it’s a more critical location.

Back