Stitches + Steel Tarp Awning connection

GreenFish

Hello,

We bought a Stitches + Steel Tarp Awning last year but cannot connect it directly to the C-channel awning rail on the van as this is 8mm diameter and the S+S tarp Kador is 8mm + fabric.

Someone lent us a driveway awning kit (6mm-6mm Kador and Figure of 8) and this worked fine but I forgot to ask what make/model it was! Looking online it hard to get the inner diameter info of the Figure of 8. Best I can find is one from Funky Leisure that states 8.5mm internal diameter.

Has anbody else used this method to attach a Stitches + Steel tarp and if so what kit did you use?

Many thanks!

My funky leisure don't fit my stitches and steel tarp, when I mentioned it on here some didn't believe me.

Yep it’s a strange fit. I managed to get it about 5cm into the C channel but too tight. It definitely worked on the drive away awning kit I used (don’t know which one) and fitted easily to the figure of 8. I’ve ordered the Funky Leisure one already so will update when arrives.

Yep it’s a strange fit. I managed to get it about 5cm into the C channel but too tight. It definitely worked on the drive away awning kit I used (don’t know which one) and fitted easily to the figure of 8. I’ve under the Funky Leisure one already so will update when arrives.
I bought funky one for t6, great for drive away, then bought s+s tarp, can only use it with drive away kit, there must be various sizes kicking about

Back