S+S Tarp Awning - thoughts?

@Loz how do you attach to the van? Doesn't the California have a Reimo rail? Does the sliding door clear the awning OK?
It has the Cali rails with the wide slot so the 8mm kador on the awning holds in there ok.
the slider can catch on the air beam but it’s not an issue.

It has the Cali rails with the wide slot so the 8mm kador on the awning holds in there ok.
the slider can catch on the air beam but it’s not an issue.
Many thanks @Loz. Do you no longer have the wind-out awning? If you don't mind me asking, how would you compare the two - wind out vs Bawdsey?

Many thanks @Loz. Do you no longer have the wind-out awning? If you don't mind me asking, how would you compare the two - wind out vs Bawdsey?
We have removed the wind-out and put it in storage as we found it more of a liability on the balance of use. The driveway fits better without it and if we just want a quick rain shield we use the S&S.

We have removed the wind-out and put it in storage as we found it more of a liability on the balance of use. The driveway fits better without it and if we just want a quick rain shield we use the S&S.
That's exactly the unbiased input I was after. I was still teetering on whether the wind-out would be a contender, but prefer the cleaner lines, and if, having already owned the wind out you opted for, and subsequently favour the Bawdsey, that's enough for me.

Does anyone regularly use the S+S tarp without an awning rail, either side-on or over the tailgate (with bike rack!)?

Back