Stitches & Steel 18" Wheels & General Grabber AT3s

JTT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just got around to adding a few pics of the new wheels.
I have a T32 that gets a lot of abuse for work and spends it's life being bumped up curbs and driven in fields, so the 20" alloys had to go.
I looked at all options and every steel possibility available and finally settled on these for cost/practicality/simplicity.

The wheels are 18x8 custom made for Stitches & Steel with 255/55/18 supplied balanced with a set of General Grabbers AT3s
I love the look of them and added a set of genuine VW hubcaps with new bolts from Tamar Wheels that finish them off.

They just about catch the arch liner on the inside but only very slightly on full lock, so might add some spacers at some point.

Now the big question, should I lower it..... @BognorMotors

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

Last edited:
Love them. Lowered swappers work very very well. And you don’t have to go mad. With the right kit you will 100% improve your ride and drive. And you don’t have to go low either, and can’t with the other size tyres.

Let’s have a chat tomorrow

What’s the ET of the wheels ?

Last edited:
I have to say it looks really good.
Do you have any pics more zoomed out?

Love them. Lowered swappers work very very well. And you don’t have to go mad. With the right kit you will 100% improve your ride and drive. And you don’t have to go low either, and can’t with the other size tyres.

Let’s have a chat tomorrow

Ok cool, I'm dropping it in at about 9 if you're about :)

I have to say it looks really good.
Do you have any pics more zoomed out?

IMG_2015.jpg

Looks very nice.
About to get some 255/55/18. Any rubbing with the et45? If so you rubbing inside or outside?
@JTT6
On absolute full lock it catches the inside of the arch liner and rubs a patch the size of a 50p. Could be quickly fixed with a hot air gun or some small spacers, but it doesn’t bother me enough to have worked it’s way up the loooong list yet!

On absolute full lock it catches the inside of the arch liner and rubs a patch the size of a 50p. Could be quickly fixed with a hot air gun or some small spacers, but it doesn’t bother me enough to have worked it’s way up the loooong list yet!

haha trying not to add something to the list so may stay safe with a 235/60/18

Absolutely love these, exactly what I’m thinking of going with. Any idea what size spacers you’d need to stop them rubbing?

Thought I would post a little update on the wheels....

I have just added 5mm hubcentric spacer shims to the front and 15mm to the rear, all from Tamar Wheels for £105
Super impressed with the next day delivery, considering I ordered them at 3pm. They have supplied the hub caps too (x4) for £80

I tried to fit the spacers myself, but the wheels were badly stuck on the hubs as the original fitter didn't use any copper slip. If you are fitting these wheels make sure you do, otherwise, if you get a puncture you're in big trouble. The garage took 2 guys pulling and hitting the tyres with a big mallet to get them off, so definitely not a roadside job.

I am really happy with how the wheels sit now and any rubbing on the front inner arch liners has totally gone.

I have also spoken to the guys at S&S about the VW center caps falling off and they are sending me some spacers they have had made to prevent this, so fingers crossed they help.

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

I have just added 5mm hubcentric spacer shims to the front and 15mm to the rear, all from Tamar Wheels for £105
Super impressed with the next day delivery, considering I ordered them at 3pm. They have supplied the hub caps too (x4) for £80

I tried to fit the spacers myself, but the wheels were badly stuck on the hubs as the original fitter didn't use any copper slip. If you are fitting these wheels make sure you do, otherwise, if you get a puncture you're in big trouble. The garage took 2 guys pulling and hitting the tyres with a big mallet to get them off, so definitely not a roadside job.

I am really happy with how the wheels sit now and any rubbing on the front inner arch liners has totally gone.

I have also spoken to the guys at S&S about the VW center caps falling off and they are sending me some spacers they have had made to prevent this, so fingers crossed they help.

View attachment 105549

View attachment 105550

View attachment 105551

View attachment 105552

View attachment 105553
That’s a very good look!

View attachment 105549

View attachment 105550

View attachment 105551

View attachment 105552

View attachment 105553
Looks unreal mate! Are you a 4mo? How's the speedo change?
Looking at doing something similar once i get mine. Bigger chunkier tyres on a LWB makes them look great.

Looking awesome! Did you lower it in the end?

Looks unreal mate! Are you a 4mo? How's the speedo change?
Looking at doing something similar once i get mine. Bigger chunkier tyres on a LWB makes them look great.
Cheers mate, Mine is a 204 bitdi highline with a Revo map on it, but not 4motion.
I've got an app on my phone and it's about 2-3mph out at 70. You do notice the wheels are a bit bigger pulling away but only slightly.
235/55/18 would be the sensible choice but wheres the fun in that?!

Hope you didnt pay over the odds for those steels as they look like the JBW ones with the S&S stamp in them. I was tempted to try something like this but I use 99% on road so wasted. Looks cool.

Back