Or am I just going to have to settle for no button function or light up buttons and just change to highline wheel.

If you buy a complete wheel WITH the proper loom then its a straight fit and just an extra couple cables to install to connect the wheel to van but it should be the original T6 loom that belongs with the T6 wheel to guarantee full functionality
If you read the threads you will see lots of people buy a wheel then transfer their T6 loom and buttons into so when they sell them on you dont always get the correct loom with it, correct bits fitted correctly will give you full functionality
The other reason for swapping over the loom and buttons is that most wheels come with white illumination in the buttons but T6s are all red so thats something else to keep in mind

Seems getting an exact T6 wheel with loom will be quite difficult am I right, I may need to settle with wheel with no functions, should airbag be a straight swap.

Hi all , been a while since my late posting but looking for any ones info ref air bags vw emblem removal for painting.

Already had the centre emblem painted but disappointed in the finish achieved . I was thinking if the air bag centre badge could be removed the painting could be perfect and me happy . Should this be attempted or left we'll alone for the obvious reasons.
Many thanks. Stampie.

Hi all , been over a week and no comments on the possible removal of the vw centre logo on the air bag. I can only assume it's a no go ! May have to rethink the removal idea. Stampie.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but reading through this full thread it gets confusing because so many different questions and answers have been put about differing situations.

Markey commented the other day on fitting flappy paddles to my new van, which at first I assumed was an aftermarket fit, but now i've just looked and realised it isn't, I am looking to spend yet more money changing something that doesn't need changing, but I want to because I can. Plus I actually like using the paddles which are on all my other vehicles.

Anyway, does anyone have the link to the correct wheel for mine? My wheel currently has everything, including ACC.
Also, is it literally plug and play?

Lastly, a daft question. My in-laws golf DSG has the exact same wheel as mine, (with ACC) but their's does have paddles, which they have never used, or would even notice if it fell off somehow.... and a new 200 mile one appeared in it's place.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but reading through this full thread it gets confusing because so many different questions and answers have been put about differing situations.

Markey commented the other day on fitting flappy paddles to my new van, which at first I assumed was an aftermarket fit, but now i've just looked and realised it isn't, I am looking to spend yet more money changing something that doesn't need changing, but I want to because I can. Plus I actually like using the paddles which are on all my other vehicles.

Anyway, does anyone have the link to the correct wheel for mine? My wheel currently has everything, including ACC.
Also, is it literally plug and play?

Lastly, a daft question. My in-laws golf DSG has the exact same wheel as mine, (with ACC) but their's does have paddles, which they have never used, or would even notice if it fell off somehow.... and a new 200 mile one appeared in it's place.
Your inlaws wheel would fit as long as your van is dsg which gather yours is.
Have a look at this seller on ebay had mine from there and few others on here, just make sure you get same buttons as yours with dsg as he has a few for sale. And yes straight swap plug and play
Hope this helps
Cheers andy

Screenshot_20171022-080746.png

I looked for ages for wheel to match ,just check all the buttons match exact .
Some golfs with acc buttons are different to a t6 .
I got a golf 7 /passat flat bottom wheel with dsg and swapped the buttons and air bag over from my wheel .

Looking for a bit of confirmation from those that have already done the swap. I want to add paddles to my T6 MFSW (has cruise control but not ACC) - but having read this thread, looks like I will need to find a DSG (with paddles) steering wheel. If I find a suitable donor wheel with same shape airbag and buttons, should I be able to swap the buttons and airbag onto the replacement wheel AND plug in the DSG paddles - or will I still be missing something - e.g. control module different for paddles, loom different, connectors different etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for a bit of confirmation from those that have already done the swap. I want to add paddles to my T6 MFSW (has cruise control but not ACC) - but having read this thread, looks like I will need to find a DSG (with paddles) steering wheel. If I find a suitable donor wheel with same shape airbag and buttons, should I be able to swap the buttons and airbag onto the replacement wheel AND plug in the DSG paddles - or will I still be missing something - e.g. control module different for paddles, loom different, connectors different etc etc.

Thanks in advance!
If you find a golf7/passat wheel ,you might find one with the right buttons ,if not its just a swop over of you buttons .paddles work should work straight away ,no programming needed.

Back