Standard Head Unit Help!!

Elliott

Lifeguard
T6 Pro
I think it’s a discovery media head unit, sat nav etc Apple car play. The previous owner has fitted rear speakers and sub under seat. But when the car turns of at traffic lights I.e start stop function the stereo goes quiet at the front but I can hear it from the rear speakers but quiet, if I’m on the phone and it start stops it goes all squelchy

the stereo shows no fade to the rear so I doubt it’s wired that well?

I’ve only got Vcds lite

Sounds like there’s an amp somewhere. Does it go quiet as soon as the engine stops or when the engine re starts?

Yeah I’ve found an amp under the passengers seat, it goes quiet as soon as the engine stops

Herts amp, sub and rear speakers

Ok... can you see if it’s been wired direct speaker level in, or used some form of speaker-rca interface...?

Also can you get someone to check the amp light whilst driving to see if it goes out when stop/start activates ?

Lads, on the subject of amps, is it possible to add one to a standard head unit? I have the standard one not the multi media. I swapped my previous T5 standard head unit for an Alpine and was set to go through this process again but I actually don't mind the standard unit operated from my steering wheel with excellent phone recepeption quality and park pilot. The manual doesn't suggest I can. I have an alpine amp, under seat sub woofer box and a 10" alpine subwoofer all ready to go. Have the standard door speakers improved from the T5? They seem heaps better, although I swapped mine for focals more or less as soon as I got it so I can't quite remember. One thing I do remember is the amount of squeaks and rattles I inherited when I got it back from the installers. Don't miss that. Or the fact the clowns wired it so you practically had to have the engine running to switch it on. 3rd click on the ignition.

Lads, on the subject of amps, is it possible to add one to a standard head unit? I have the standard one not the multi media. I swapped my previous T5 standard head unit for an Alpine and was set to go through this process again but I actually don't mind the standard unit operated from my steering wheel with excellent phone recepeption quality and park pilot. The manual doesn't suggest I can. I have an alpine amp, under seat sub woofer box and a 10" alpine subwoofer all ready to go. Have the standard door speakers improved from the T5? They seem heaps better, although I swapped mine for focals more or less as soon as I got it so I can't quite remember. One thing I do remember is the amount of squeaks and rattles I inherited when I got it back from the installers. Don't miss that. Or the fact the clowns wired it so you practically had to have the engine running to switch it on. 3rd click on the ignition.

Yes we add amps to them all the time, we can supply a interface witch has a remote turn on for the amp.

The tweeters are better grade and the door cards are more sturdy, so resonance are less

Amping the standards improves them a lot

Yes we add amps to them all the time, we can supply a interface witch has a remote turn on for the amp.

The tweeters are better grade and the door cards are more sturdy, so resonance are less

Amping the standards improves them a lot

Hi, Interested in a similar upgrade myself...pm sent

Ace sounds an easy fix to get bass from standard unit, I too have a sub and amp which I was hoping to fit into a t6 at some point just one question though would I need to wire amp in the usual fashion or would the interface/loom do the work? Sorry if all sounds daft but new to wiring stuff in more used to old ass cars lol

Ace sounds an easy fix to get bass from standard unit, I too have a sub and amp which I was hoping to fit into a t6 at some point just one question though would I need to wire amp in the usual fashion or would the interface/loom do the work? Sorry if all sounds daft but new to wiring stuff in more used to old ass cars lol

You need power and ground to the amp as usual

Our interface takes care of the signal in and remote switch on

Back