Adding Rear speakers to Alpine SPC-D84AT6 is it possible?

yatesuk

VIP Member
Has anybody managed to add rear speakers to their Alpine SPC-D84AT6 system.
I thought I could connect a secondary amp (Audison SR 4.300) to drive rear speakers coming off the T6.1 discovery media head unit, socket N, pins 1&4, 5&8 but see the Alpine sub wiring loom has used these connections to the DSP. I can't find any documentation or whether anybody has sucessfully added rear speakers with Alpine sub, is it the case it will not work or not sound great and need to rethink by removing the Alpine and start again?

Last edited:
Update:- Has anybody managed to add rear speakers to their Alpine SPC-D84AT6 system.
Took the plunge and stripped the dash today, I can see the rear speaker connections go to the Alpine DSP via their wiring loom and then returns back to the original OEM N socket. Now I have rear speaker connections available, can anybody confirm I can go with my original plan and connect a secondary amp (Audison SR 4.300) to drive rear 200w 165mm coaxial speakers.
Plus is there anybody in Essex who can active the rear output and fader control on discovery media pro head unit (T6.1 2022)

You don’t need an extra amp, the alpine will do it.

If you don’t want to use the alpine you’ll need to break out the rear feed for your new amp before it goes into the alpine.

You’ll need to fit a speaker load simulator Like an Audisson USS4 in line so that the head unit thinks it has speakers attached or the fader won’t work.

Back