Discover Media rear speaker activation

SteH

T6 Pro
Hoping for some advice really. I had my rear speakers activated by someone off this forum ( can remember his name sorry) back in April 22. They have worked absolutely fine until today when the van went in for its first service. They told me when I dropped it off that the van was due some software updates and would be carried out as part of its first service. When I collected it I was told that the Discover Media had a major update and I would need to set myself up again as the primary user. I have just done this and I have now noticed that it has removed the rear speaker fader option. Also the front speakers are very bass loud now. I have a Blam DSP amp fitted inline with a plug and play loom. With removing the rear speaker fader control will this mean that it’s pumping all the amplified sound to the front. Also do you need to recode the rear fader every time it goes into Vw for software updates. Any advice would be appreciated thanks. It’s a 2021 van.

That's not unusual, main dealer tools will run through the coding etc too as part of the update.

You can code it again.

That's not unusual, main dealer tools will run through the coding etc too as part of the update.

You can code it again.
Hi thanks for the info. I have spoken to Vw Lancashire and they confirmed that when any major software updates are carried out the system goes back to its original factory spec and there is no way around this apparently unless you decline a software update. So unfortunately I will need to get it coded again and possibly every time it goes back in for service etc. Spoke to a helpful company near Blackpool who’s going to code it again

Back