Camperjoe

T6 Pro
Hi all, I have a T30 150ps DSG and going to lower 30mm on the Eibach springs all refer to. There is alot of talk of Caravelle and 4Motion lowering and part no. ZGB 7H0 071677A, but could anyone tell me if this is the number suitable for mine please?
Also is there a heavy or a soft version? Basically I think I'm just after what's on a Sportline T30.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hi yes all looks great, as are bilstein's, but I bet its not £240 which is what I'm spending. Also I'm one of those who won't give the VM an excuse to not cover any warranty claim. Thanks for offer though.

Hi again Camper Joe

If you have read the article i forwarded,you will notice that VW no longer supply the Sportline van with lowering springs anymore!

Quote from forwarded link:
van waxed.jpg
If you are collecting your new T6 from VW then what ever you do don't let them lower it, they don't do a lowering kit any longer as the Sportline does not come lowered and the Sportline Eiback lowering springs are no longer available. They are fitting heavy duty Caravelle springs which just happen to be made by Eibach and 30mm lower than van springs because the Caravelle is classed as a car but this is not a Eibach Pro Kit, your van will be down on the front and up at the back simulating a nose dive as the Caravelle has an extreme amount of weight in the back due to the seats.

I have Bilstein B8 shocks and struts with Eibach 50mm lowering springs fitted to my T30 LWB PV. My VW dealer (JCT600 Hull) has and still will honour my warranty,they even carried out the four wheel alignment and headlight adjustment following my conversion.

I think he would like his van covered by the VW warrantee fitting anything else voids this. If you look in the transporter accessories brochure you will see 30mm loading springs listed and fitted for around 450 quid. Much as I would love to blow over grand fitting B14's it can wait till the tree years are up

Hi Jaseo204, apologies if I was a bit too dismissive of your thread and thanks for your reply as no one has actually answered the question of the part number I've been given. I would definitely like to know if indeed these are the Caravelle ones as I don't want a heavy spring or the nose dive like you suggest so your comments have certainly got my attention. I totally agree with Roadrunner on their comments as I'm in the industry and know how far some garages go to avoid warranty claims, hence not taking the chance.
So I now need to know if the ones available in the brochure are the Sportline or the heavy Caravelle ones?
Surely if I have a Sportline and needed new springs they have to replace with what was fitted as the Caravelle ones would not be fit for purpose? If I had to provide a Sportline VIN or VRM so be it.
Any further thoughts are much appreciated as I'm about to purchase as well as I'm sure many others are. Cheers

I think he would like his van covered by the VW warrantee fitting anything else voids this. If you look in the transporter accessories brochure you will see 30mm loading springs listed and fitted for around 450 quid. Much as I would love to blow over grand fitting B14's it can wait till the tree years are up
Hi Roadrunner

Sorry to sound rude but I tend to disagree with your comments regarding fitting anything else will invalidate your VW warranty.

There are numerous VW van dealers that will sell you a new van with non VW parts and accessories fitted that will not affect your VW warranty.

A small selection includes Customvanz, Leighton vans,Swiss vans to name a few.

I have experience of a warranty issue myself,VW replaced my NSF hub due to a fault some months back even with the modifications i had made.

Hi Roadrunner

Sorry to sound rude but I tend to disagree with your comments regarding fitting anything else will invalidate your VW warranty.

There are numerous VW van dealers that will sell you a new van with non VW parts and accessories fitted that will not affect your VW warranty.

A small selection includes Customvanz, Leighton vans,Swiss vans to name a few.

I have experience of a warranty issue myself,VW replaced my NSF hub due to a fault some months back even with the modifications i had made.

You are entitled to your oppinion and I did know they sell other parts. I was offered other wheels than the sportline ones I had fitted but they would not be covered if they had problems & I took them back to my local dealer. The companys you mention will honour the warranty they give but take the van elsewhere and it's not coved for what you had done. If any work you have had done by third partys is proved to have caused the problem it will not be covered. Personaly I would rather not put it to the test so I have left mine more or less STD, I'm a bit too old to go lowering the van and tuning the engine like you guys do not that I would not mind trying one out. :)

Well I have a dilemma now. Does anyone else know if I buy 30mm lowering springs from VW I will be given Caravelle ones?

ZGB7H0071677 front axle weight upto 1550kgs
ZGB7H0071677A front axle weight upto 1710kgs

Its the lower rated springs for all standard T26/T28/T30 vehicles and the heavier duty springs for all T32 and most (if not all?) 4 motion vehicles

Ooooh soooo confusing! So I have a T30 and my chassis plate says 1 - 1610kg and 2 - 1600kg. Thanks Pauly for the numbers, I've been referencing ZGB 7H 0071677A so is this the right or wrong kit for my axle weights? Thanks sorry for being thick, but your first number suggests thatsthe one for me as mines a T30, but then my axle weight is a bit higher. Then you text suggest T30 should have the lighter????? Please help! Thanks

Yes sorry you will need the one with the A on the end as you are over 1550 kgs front axle weight
My description is wrong/misleading i thought all T30 s came in under 1550 (i was wrong but sshh dont tell the wife)

Hi Peatey and what do you think of them? Does the front drop lower or about equal? Is it alot harder? Many thanks all, appreciate response.

20170913_161950.jpg
@Camperjoe here's a picture of mine lowered and sitting on assassin 18", the drop is equal but did take a couple of trips to settle in, i wouldn't say the ride is harder but it is firmer (if that makes sense), the wife says she can feel the difference when she drives it. it does shake you a bit if you drive over traffic calming measures in the road or hit the dreaded pot holes!
I will eventually be fitting b14', once I've decided which wheels i'm going for!!, but with all the info on this forum it just makes it harder to decide 18's,19, 20's the list goes on
i will say i'm very happy with mine, and would fit them again

My dealer fitted ZGB7H0071677A on my Cali Beach which is a T30 150ps manual. Thanks @Pauly for clearing up the axle weight issue as I was a bit confused too.

The ride height seems perfect now but then I do have lots of weight over the rear wheel just like a Caravelle does

Back