T28 Ride is too hard on -30mm Sportline springs

Thunderwulf

VW T6 T28 150 Highline Camper
Hi all

I'm after some advice. I have a T28 150HP Highline. Running 18" 225 45 Wolfrace Dortmund alloys. Van has 30mm VAG lowering springs. Whilst handling is good, after persevering for a year I just cannot continue with the ride...it's harsh as hell and rattles the van to within an inch of its life.

I'm after some advice on how I can make the ride less harsh, smooth out the bumps whilst still maintaining a lowered look. I'm a noon when it comes to suspension so any advice on what I need to do to make it more supple (presumably coilovers) would be brilliant.

Ta

I can highly recommend ST-X coilovers, I had a set fitted recently to a Caravelle (T30) with 60mm drop running 18" Wolfhart California's and the ride is super smooth even on our local pot holed country lanes, massive improvement in handling also with much less body roll
IMG_0933.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all

I'm after some advice. I have a T28 150HP Highline. Running 18" 225 45 Wolfrace Dortmund alloys. Van has 30mm VAG lowering springs. Whilst handling is good, after persevering for a year I just cannot continue with the ride...it's harsh as hell and rattles the van to within an inch of its life.

I'm after some advice on how I can make the ride less harsh, smooth out the bumps whilst still maintaining a lowered look. I'm a noon when it comes to suspension so any advice on what I need to do to make it more supple (presumably coilovers) would be brilliant.

Ta

My camper conversion comes in at just under two and a half ton, which meant the Stance+ coilovers I bought couldn’t cope.

So if you do get the opportunity to ride in another van which has been lowered, take in to account it’s kerb weight, as this’ll make a big difference to whether the suspension can handle the weight of your conversion.

As above, ring/pop in and see Steve and he’ll have you sorted.
Your 30mm springs will probably sell on here, too.

Hi all

Ta
If you are happy with the look of the van but don’t like the ride quality ? This is an easy fix.
we need to fit better shocks and all the issues will vanish
it will be comfortable , handle and ride fabulous.
in the big scheme of things this isn’t expensive either
Give us a call. To discuss how to get this sorted out. 07469785932. Steve

Hi all

Ta
Be interested in those 30mm springs....

If you are happy with the look of the van but don’t like the ride quality ? This is an easy fix.
we need to fit better shocks and all the issues will vanish
it will be comfortable , handle and ride fabulous.
in the big scheme of things this isn’t expensive either
Give us a call. To discuss how to get this sorted out. 07469785932. Steve
Thanks to @CRS Performance. Sorted out my van and now the roads feel smoother and much quieter. New Koni shocks all round. A much more pleasant driving experience

Back