Speaker Upgrade packages.

Upgraded mine to Hertz Mille Pro with a JL amp. Gave it a bit of a tweak the other day, and the sound is phenomenal.

Blam are a fairly new company in the speaker game, the reason we are backing their product is because both the quality and sound quality are just fantastic for the money. Admittedly the Hertz and Focal names are better known that Blam within the i.c.e industry but that wont be for long and I'm keen that in the future everyone knows that at Slidepods we have backed Blam from the very beginning because they are cracking speakers not just because of the brand. Its worth bearing in mind that the speakers we are currently building packages from are from the Blam "Relax" range, If however you wanted something very, very special installing we could jump up to the Blam "Live" randge of speakers. These would have to be driven by an amp really to justify putting them in. I am currently overhauling my own van (you can check it out in the next issue of VWBUS mag) and installing x2 sets of blam live 165.85 components driven by a Blam Live LA4120 and x2 Blam Relax 10" R10DB SUBS driven by a Blam LA110 D amp all hooked up to a Pioneer F88DAB head unit. Should be worth a little look at some of the shows this summer. I realise this setup is massive overkill but if you were me and spent all day working on other peoples vans wouldnt you want to push the envelope on your own?? :thumbsup::thumbsup::whistle:

And the grand cheap total for the full monty inc loom upgrade including postage would be please.
Right just did a little working out and I'm thinking on the first few sets we could do a special of.............
Blam 200RS components
Blam 165RX components
CNC cut adaptors for doors
CNC rings for rear
Universal 165mm speaker Grills
Loom adaptor For plug and play rears
X4 sheets of silent coat for the front doors
for a grand total of ...............£429.99 inc P&P
I will even make the front tweeters plug and play if you send me your A pillars in advance for free :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Please note this is an introductory offer so that we can get a few sets out there and some objective customer feedback on the products. I would expect that we will have to put this up to closer to the £475 mark after the first few sets as the break down is something like.......
£350 speakers
£30 mounting rings
£15 grills
£45 loom adaptor
£10 P&P
£15 silent coat
£25 workshop time for plug and play tweeters.

Right just did a little working out and I'm thinking on the first few sets we could do a special of.............
Blam 200RS components
Blam 165RX components
CNC rings for rear
I will even make the front tweeters plug and play if you send me your A pillars in advance for free :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Please note this is an introductory offer so that we can get a few sets out there and some objective customer feedback on the products. I would expect that we will have to put this up to closer to the £475 mark after the first few sets as the break down is something like.......
£350 speakers
£30 mounting rings
£15 grills
£45 loom adaptor
£10 P&P
£15 silent coat

What would you charge to install that?

IMG_0507.JPG
Blam 200RS components
Blam 165RX components
CNC rings for rear
£350 speakers
£30 mounting rings
£15 grills
£45 loom adaptor
£10 P&P
£15 silent coat

We have finished fitting this exact setup into @Thogg 's van today which he is due to collect on Friday so all of you that have taken advantage of the initial offer and should be receiving your speakers and adapted "A" pillars early next week will hopefully get a bit of impartial feedback from him regarding the quality of the sound-stage you should be expecting :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Pauly is spot on here you will have to run it in but not to worry you will be able to call me night or day for guidance if needed :thumbsup:

Thank you. What type,size cable etc should I be buying please. Do I need any other connectors when my box of goodies turn up.

Last edited:
Thank you. What type,size cable etc should I be buying please. Do I need any other connectors when my box of goodies turn up.

Getting a complex now. No replies.
Looked at speaker cable on eBay and it ranges from bell wire @10p for 2 miles up to cable thick enough to suspend the Humber bridge. Will the thickness really make a difference. Help please.

Depends on quality of rear speakers, anything will work but for decent speakers you should use proper stranded speaker cable that's not too small
There's lots of different sizes, some go by number of strands some give size in mm so can be tricky, personally I wouldn't go below 1mm. If your not sure pop into your local richer sounds or halfords and compare sizes, not too small but no point going whopping either as no benefit

Looked at speaker cable on eBay and it ranges from bell wire @10p for 2 miles up to cable thick enough to suspend the Humber bridge. Will the thickness really make a difference. Help please.

Yes thickens does make a huge difference as it reduces the resistance in any given length. It's the trade of between size, quality, cost & weight.

Have a look at www.Skiptoncarradio.co.uk if you scroll to bottom of menus page it says T6 upgrade ,click on that
He is doing a rear speaker loom and connector for the back of the Radio.

Last edited:
Back