Additional Keys

Mairy

VIP Member
morning

Bought my shuttle second hand and it only came with one key(!)

1. Can anyone recommend a place/van (NW) to come to me to programme a spare remote key plus one without electronics?
2. Should I worry about where the others keys are?

Thanks

Yes it is, all keys are programmed to the van and it is no more work for someone who is adding a key to delete the lost ones
Dealers will charge you an arm and a leg for spare keys as they generally order them pre cut from the manufacturers, nearly every show I have been to has a trader doing spare keys which is much cheaper if you are planning to attend any shows, failing that contact your local locksmith/auto locksmith and they can cut and program a spare for you

When I got my Van it came with 1 key.
I live in SW London, where can I get second key ?
Also can my spare key just be manual, no electric. I have to place key in lock not click button to open doors. Would the non electric key operate the van ?
Basically trying save as much money as poss as its a spare key.
Please recommendations welcome.

Yes you can get a spare key without buttons on it and it can be cut to fit your lock, keys have a chip inside them and this will need to be programmed to your immobiliser to allow it to start the engine
Just have a google for any mobile vehicle locksmiths in your area and they will be able to give you a price for one but I doubt there will be much extra in it for one with buttons
It’s worth nothing you are missing a key so when adding an extra one they can delete the missing key so it’s not paired with your van anymore

Timpsons do car keys and programming. Not sure if they’re the cheapest but plenty of them around.

I found a local one (KAP autolocks) and paid £149 for the first key, then a £99 deal (!) for an extra one. I didn’t do much shopping around.

From past experience of various vans etc i think £100-150 is typical price range

I can do keys and remotes for these, we've a shop in Bolton. The pic attached is an aftermarket one, they can be done for t5 and early t6 depending on what chip is in your original key. As far as im aware i can cover up late 16/euro5 engine after that my machinery doesnt yet cover, without testing they key in a transponder reader i cant know for sure but I've a theory on the key part numbers that has worked so far. we do the remote pictured for 115 all in or spare non remotes for 80. 10% off for other t6ers :D

20190522_092251.jpg

Last edited:
Hi - thanks for this that looks familiar but van is away at the moment - i guess you need vehicle for a while to sort?

Thats handy to know. Can you do just a remote with no physical key, if so what would that cost please?
Cheers
Phil

I can yes, cost for that would be £45 it'd just be a separate fob. I've done one for my own 18 plate van can do those right up to present day vans as far as I know

I paid £240ish for VW to do mine (new key and coded to van).

I tried the lock auto locksmith who said they can do some keys but when he scanned it he couldn't do it because of the chip. Other years/makes/models might be fine but mu 17 plate couldn't be done only by VW.

Back