T6.1 fob not working after replacement CR2025 battery

dandan89

So I’m posting this in case it helps someone else! So I kept getting a message to change my key fob battery so I eventually caved and changed it. Upon doing so it no longer worked on the van. The LED on the fob was lighting up fine. I tried alsorts, changing the battery back, driving down the road but it didn’t work. Could not find anything on any of the VW forums either. Then I came across this video that’s not VW specific:

Did the option where you get in and shut the door. Then insert the key and turn it all the way (without turning the engine on) then turning it all the way back. Did this 6 times to then get an emergency alert and call to 999 which I could not hang up. I apologised and they hung up for me. But after this my fob worked!!

This is when I also found out that my door lock was busted too. Though it’s not related to the fob not working. With the key inserted, it just spins. Any ideas what might have happened to this?

Isn't it a 2032 battery in the fob? I may be wrong, but the last time I was wrong was when I thought I was wrong?!

I stand corrected! I just watched a video on the line where they used a 2032...

Back