whodat

T6 Pro
Hi,
This is just for information as there seem to be quite a few threads asking the same questions about getting spare key/fobs for T6.
The following relates to T6.1 from 22 onwards. I don't know if it relates to older vehicles but if you let me know I'll update the post.

To get a new (spare) key/fob you have to go to the main dealers.
They order in the key from Germany - that can take upto a week.
Once they have the key, you need to take the van in to them so the key can be coded to the van which takes a few minutes.
The new key isn't a replica of the keys that originally come with the vehicle but has the same buttons on it.

Incidentally, the original key fobs are exactly the same as the ones used for Vauxhall vans except there is a little VW symbol instead of the Vauxhall lion.

The total cost for the replica key/fob (as of beginning of 2024) is ...... a small whisker less than £350inc.

Also, if you lose any of the keys you can contact VW and they can cancel the key that was stolen (I think remotely?). However, it can't be uncancelled.

The above is what I was told by main dealer - but the price/time/what you are told may vary. Feel free to add to this if any different.

Back