Sliding door card panels - retrofit

I've just been out to look at that trim, I'd be really surprised if the nut/thread isn't already in the door.

Also its so tiny that it's not providing a massive amount of 'fixture' - although it does seem to do a grand job of keeping the upper frame and door card all aligned.

They look good where about did you get the panels and trim from please

They look good where about did you get the panels and trim from please

Cali Campers in New Milton, i believe.

Right...I've hit a brick wall!!!!.......I didn't realise that only having a single sliding door would be such a pain....I went to mock up the caravelle door cards and realised that the 'panel' side window is a different length than on a sliding door...I assumed they would be the same....so now I have 2 pairs of door cards, one caravelle and one shuttle that I can't use.....

I'm tempted to cut the shuttle ones up to make a single door card for the panel side...for example cut one in half, measure it up the and cut a 2/3 inch strip out of the other side and try to bond this together and recover .. a lot of work but will solve the problem and at first glance the appearance would be the same.

Unless anyone is aware of a OEM trip panel off another model (multivan/shuttle/caravelle) that fits a single sliding door model?

@T6180 did you remedy this? That Hinckley £200,000 show camper had a single slider with OEM panels, I’m sure, so they must have found a way around it.

Also, was your van a PV before? Is your window OEM or aftermarket?

I ask as I wonder if these trims will fit a sliding door with aftermarket windows (what with all those clips).

Last edited:
Cali Campers in New Milton, i believe.

@T6180 did you remedy this? That Hinckley £200,000 show camper had a single slider with OEM panels, I’m sure, so they must have found a way around it.

Also, was your van a PV before? Is your window OEM or aftermarket?

I ask as I wonder if these trims will fit a sliding door with aftermarket windows (what with all those clips).

Hi,

As far as I'm aware my van is a factory kombi. Don't know if there is a way to confirm this? And if it's not I'll be taking it straight back to them

With regards to the door panels, I've spoken to Hinckley and was there when they we're doing their build and all there panels had to be tweaked to fit hence them being recovered.

It would be interesting to know if the window on my panel side is the same on everyone else's single slider

Hi, great thread! I’m just swapping the door cards on my t6 to caravelle panels, and was wondering if anyone had fitted the caravelle tailgate trim? And what clips would be needed? Thanks Phil

I’m guessing no-one has fitted a Caravelle sliding-door card to a panel-van slider with an aftermarket window?

Where did you guys source them? I seen the list price of these door cards are something over £400 each +VAT !!? Wow!

As @Deaky said best keep a look out on fleabay as there are more interiors showing up on there now at good prices .

If you use the Caravelle interior do you have to use the Caravelle pillars tops too or do the Kombi originals still butt up ok?

If you use the Caravelle interior do you have to use the Caravelle pillars tops too or do the Kombi originals still butt up ok?
All change..it has a knock in effect.. pillars mean roof linings too.. door cards and window surrounds are fine together but as soon as you do pillars you open a can of expensive worms.

All change..it has a knock in effect.. pillars mean roof linings too.. door cards and window surrounds are fine together but as soon as you do pillars you open a can of expensive worms.

Yeah thought as much. Reckon ill stick to just the front door cards for now.

Back