Sliding door card panels - retrofit

It was a company called 'the trim guru' in Coventry but I think they have stopped trading.
Yes looked them up but nothing, there is someone local to me here so will give them a call after xmas hols

Sorry about the crap photos. its very hard getting a decent photo with the seats in place
Do you have a template for drilling the holes for the top trim anywhere please? I've purchased a panel, window trim and lock trim I just don't want to bodge the holes... Thank you

If your reading thinking you can fit these cards to a converted van the holes don't line up as I've just learnt. I'm going to be drilling out all the correct holes tomorrow which should be a challenge to get right. Wish me luck

Rough cost mate? I’m just looking for replacement door cards so will be good to factor this cost in.
Can’t really remember mate, it was all in with rest of the seats. Maybe a couple of hundred?

can i drag this thread back in to life and ask for some help if possible.
I'm on with this mod, have the door card but am looking for part numbers etc for other items.
Seen a few on here already...
the black blind and the dark grey blind firstly..
these should have come with my door trim and is in ebay dispute at the moment as the trim came...minus these bits...well impressed! :( they were shown all over the images.
I got the trim with some slight damage (covering anyway) for £70 ish... the blind was the bonus but like i say....not going great at the moment.

Drilling the holes is a challenge and I probably used 50 clip in the process (kept snapping on me) in the end I used tiger seal and stuck the bugger on, been fine for about 6 months now

yeah i thought similar...n...had the convo with a pal...just rough up the point where the clip plastic mount would be.. and on the mount...bit of emery/wet'n'dry and then bond at that point with a small blob of tiger seal.

im tyring to find a black blind in good condition and the dark grey surround if anyone has a vibe?
spoke to the cali campers chap...good vibe...but... 185 miles away and he wont post/ship stuff due to previous claims etc which is understandable i guess.

If your reading thinking you can fit these cards to a converted van the holes don't line up as I've just learnt. I'm going to be drilling out all the correct holes tomorrow which should be a challenge to get right. Wish me luck
@Josh Corps how did you get on with this - I saw your other thread about the grief you had installing the panel on the lower clips - did you get it fitted?

Im in a similar position with having a panel van that I want to fit a trim to, so would be interested in hearing if this is doable.

Drilling the holes is a challenge and I probably used 50 clip in the process (kept snapping on me) in the end I used tiger seal and stuck the bugger on, been fine for about 6 months now
Same question to you, @Pembo - is yours a PV too?

I gave up on the idea, it would be possible to get it to fit the door however where I have installed my windows it seems to foul the door card meaning it would have to be trimmed to fit. not only that the window rubbers would have to be cut out in the corners and over its just not look look i imagined when fitting a door card.

I gave up on the idea, it would be possible to get it to fit the door however where I have installed my windows it seems to foul the door card meaning it would have to be trimmed to fit. not only that the window rubbers would have to be cut out in the corners and over its just not look look i imagined when fitting a door card.
Fair enough. It wasn’t a grey door card you bought at all, was it? I ask as I’m in the market for a grey one.

Same question to you, @Pembo - is yours a PV too?
Yes it was just use tiger seal and save yourself the hassle

Also if it helps you need to remove the window rubber to get the top part to fit, the clips connect to the inner skin holding the top frame in place, it's a mission but looks great once you have it all together

20190616_163225.jpg

20190616_163223.jpg

20190622_203934.jpg

20190616_163228.jpg

20190616_163231.jpg

20190616_163229.jpg

20190622_203951.jpg

20190622_203949.jpg

20190616_163224.jpg

20190616_163230.jpg

Also if it helps you need to remove the window rubber to get the top part to fit, the clips connect to the inner skin holding the top frame in place, it's a mission but looks great once you have it all together

View attachment 68075

View attachment 68076

View attachment 68077

View attachment 68078

View attachment 68079

View attachment 68080

View attachment 68081

View attachment 68082

View attachment 68083

View attachment 68084
@Pembo could you post some close-up photos of where the trim meets the door / glass, please?

Back