I've just fiddled with mine....taken my bars off to clean em proper and while I was there I drilled holes where the studs protrude. This made them sit more snug. Wasn't happy with the mud ingress either so I removed the trays and cleaned them.....cleaned and degreased the cills and noticed that the factory wax oil was still very much there......:thumbsup:.
Didn't stop me spraying another layer on them just for fun.
Now to try and get the mirror finish back on the bars......it's a ballache of a job :cry:

Hey,

So yesterday wandering around a bootfair of all places I see a set of stainless sidebars for a T5 - very nice ones at that.
I pay next to nothing for these, but when I get home I see that its missing the fitting kit, or at least it needs one.

I reached out to Trux, but they said they don't sell the kits separately, which is no surprise.

Any advice on what I could do to get these fitted some other way?

Thanks

I would imagine there are scoundrels and generally unscrupulous folk out there who would perhaps order a kit, get the dimensions of the brackets, bolt sizes, etc and get fabricating!.......then send the kit back...... Terrible behaviour,...scandalous....

Please post a picture of your sidebars with a short description of what it is and who supplied it (a link will help). This will work like the Wheels and Awning gallery and the Moderators will standardise each post to keep it consistent.
The sidebar discussion is here; https://www.t6forum.com/threads/which-side-bars.10882/
Template:

Type of sidear in bold
-
URL of supplier page
-

Full size picture

-

Notes
Has anyone had any issues with cutting the splash guard/tray underneath on T6.1 to get to the mounting points? Will it effect warranty, get crud caught in it once it has 2 great holes in, become loose etc? Cheers, Johny

Back