Sorry forgot to mention, the company that supplied and fitted was Vantech Halesowen in the West Midlands. How the bars fare long term, we will see!!!!

Just for information, I just removed my bars. Didnt remove the splashguards, just released the nearest bolt and held them a bit lower whilst I accessed the nuts. The splashguards had not been trimmed at all and fitted fine. If I reinstall they will go back on the same way, no need to trim imho.

So far so good, have been through one winter although a mild one, with no problems.
Funny you mentioned them I am just about to go out and give my alloys a coating of WD-40 and I think I will also do the same to the side bars, weather permitting....

So far so good, have been through one winter although a mild one, with no problems.
Funny you mentioned them I am just about to go out and give my alloys a coating of WD-40 and I think I will also do the same to the side bars, weather permitting....
Thanks I’ve fitted mine today. Try ACF50 it polishes up metal and plastics nicely I use it on my bikes !

Hi I recently swapped my 16 plate T6 for a low mileage edition. When chopping it in I took off the trapezoid genuine VW side bars but in my ignorance didn’t realise there were brackets underneath the floor pan shield. Does anyone have the dimensions of the brackets needed to fit these to my new van.

Very much appreciated in advance.

Cheers

Steve

As title says anyone know where I can get some new side bar fixings?? Like this or similar C4DE5257-ACAB-43DB-8127-C0F15D91E29F.jpeg C4DE5257-ACAB-43DB-8127-C0F15D91E29F.jpeg

You could ask vanstyle etc if they are able to provide a set of replacements

I work at an engineering company and it looks like
a pretty basic brkt and threaded stud welded to it.
if you know a local eng company they’d get em done.
If you get stuck, let me know and I could do em
Down in Devon though so postage etc

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of fitting a towbar+electrics and crawling under the van for the first time. When taking the body under-trays off I noticed there was a fair amount of debris under the sills. The van is only ~18months old so was quite surprised. I'm thinking this maybe a result of poorly fitting under-trays due to the long studs on the sidebar brackets. Fitting at rear looks worse than the front see photo below. Sidebars are genuine VW (rusty/)black fitted by VW dealer. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions on how to improve the fit of the under-trays with sidebars? Thanks

IMG_20200508_172917910.jpg

Last edited:
Mine were full of mud too...what does the flimsy plastic actually achieve anyway?

It seems to me, the plastic holds the mud against the bodywork promoting rust.
Absolutely. Theres no way the plastic will be "mud tight" even without touching it to fit the bars.
So....why is it there?
Does anyone know?
Can it be removed permanently?

Back