side-bar fitting issues.

Andrew Wood

Hope you are all good and someone can help me.
I have recently bought a t6 camper. I have also just bought some side bars from VanStyle (ebay).
I have only tried one side so far, with the rear bracket fitted no bother.
I have come to fit the front bracket and when I remove the plastic bungs and try to fit the welded nut with 8mm thread it starts to go through the hole however there is something above it, leaving the gap too small for the nut to go through the hole. I don’t want to force it incase I damage anything.
Has anyone had this problem ? If you have what did you do.
Cheers, Andy

In you set there will/should be 2 bolts with shorter tabs. These are for the front holes.

Surely it will go? I remember mine being fiddly as hell on the front brackets.
There hasn't been anything routed through there has there like cables or anything?

OOh no don't cut anything yet- you might cur it back, realise it fits fine, and their won't fit because you've cut it back.....done it many times with things

I’ve got a similar problem. Rear toggles go into the sill no bother, but inside the front sill there is some extra metal blocking the entry. It’s a square box painted white and it’s blocking both holes for the front. I’ll add a picture later.

There is a concept of “rotation” whereby one can rotate the nut and spline on the way into the aperture that will fit!

There is a concept of “rotation” whereby one can rotate the nut and spline on the way into the aperture that will fit!
They are the longer toggles. They go in on there own, but not when the bolt is in them, so I ended up modifying them by simply cutting them in half. Did the job.

Reactions: JOG
They are the longer toggles. They go in on there own, but not when the bolt is in them, so I ended up modifying them by simply cutting them in half. Did the job.
Ah, well done! I have seen situations where people have had to feed a wire from above and pull the bolts through

Back