Hi I got brand new t6 swb and purchased side bars from eBay. Comes with two side bars and for big black brackets with two holes in each bracket to affix to the van.

Now school boy questions I can't work out how to fit. I assume the plastic under skirting has got to come off??? Any one else got this type who could take pics please. Thank you gareth

IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0131.JPG Hi Gareth . I've taken these pics of my sidebars , mine are genuine and VW fitted ,hope they are of some help . :) I would say looking at mine the black plastic has to come off

There is a useful, if rather ABC video to fitting veedub side bars here, maybe similar to yours?

Fitting Instructions - Vee Dub Transporters

Seems the plastic panels do have to be cut around mounting brackets, may need cut outs for socket on bolts too.

Good luck!

edit* video embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
how much are these anybody please
original VW
and
after market ones
The New Sportline ones are square and about £350-ish

I have bought some Vanstyle side bars and have fitted the driver's side before I ran out of time.

Managed to have a look at the passenger side thinking it might be easier ti fully remove the front splashguard, but it appears not to be the case. It's held on in several places with some 'different' type of fastener.

Can anyone who has fitted these advise how they removed/released the front passenger side splash guard?

I admit to only having limited time for a very quick look see - my haste may mean this question has a rather obvious answer......

TIA :thumbsup:

Ah sorry - I wasn't clear.
My point is that I can't release the passenger side front splash guard sufficiently to be happy to use my Dremel to cut the slots, as I did on the driver's side.
My reference to removing completely was only in relation to the fact that this makes cutting the slots neatly much easier.

Ah I see. - We do so many that we can do it in situ - I understand your predicament, and would agree that removing to get it right would be easier.

I completed the driver's side without removing the front splashguard completely, but the passenger side is fixed in several locations by something other than bolts.
Just trying to get around these and give me some working room to cut the front splashguard.

If you are referring to the circlip affairs underneath you can keep twisting them while pulling and they will work down the shaft and off

Being idle, I have not checked to see if this is already mentioned on this subject, but thought it may be of help to someone!!
After watching various videos on youtube, I was a bit worried about the cutting of the under side plastic, however after visiting a local vw parts supplier I was very pleased with their advice, which was, not to go for the more expensive ones but the lower priced Sportline ones due to them not effecting the jacking points and the add blue system, and also that the brackets used to fit the bars onto the bodywork do not require the plastic to be cut at all.. Overall it only took them about 30 minutes, I went for the chrome and they cost £115 plus £40 fitting.(very pleased)20180618_121621.jpg 20180618_121649.jpg

Being idle, I have not checked to see if this is already mentioned on this subject, but thought it may be of help to someone!!
After watching various videos on youtube, I was a bit worried about the cutting of the under side plastic, however after visiting a local vw parts supplier I was very pleased with their advice, which was, not to go for the more expensive ones but the lower priced Sportline ones due to them not effecting the jacking points and the add blue system, and also that the brackets used to fit the bars onto the bodywork do not require the plastic to be cut at all.. Overall it only took them about 30 minutes, I went for the chrome and they cost £115 plus £40 fitting.(very pleased)

Can you show us some photos of the bars where they are bolted on?

Back