(Side Assist) / (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

I'm half way through fitting and have hit a problem.
I'm really struggling to remove two pins from the BCM so I can attach wires to them.
They are pin 18 & 19 (B) which are the smaller ones in the middle.
I've split the plug, and can release the pin so it slides easily a little way, and then the 'tang' is getting caught and I cannot work out how to release it.
Does anyone know how to do it please?

I'm half way through fitting and have hit a problem.
I'm really struggling to remove two pins from the BCM so I can attach wires to them.
They are pin 18 & 19 (B) which are the smaller ones in the middle.
I've split the plug, and can release the pin so it slides easily a little way, and then the 'tang' is getting caught and I cannot work out how to release it.
Does anyone know how to do it please?

Please ignore ^^^
I can't do it so I'm going to cut the wire and carefully solder it back up with my additional wire.

Hello everyone. H 5.2 y Side help, I'm with sob b 3 3C
I will be glad of any help

1 error:
119316 - Data bus
U1123 00 [009] - invalid value received
[[[[Central control unit for steering column - no signal/no communication (signals gk2_sta_light sensor: GK2_LS_KOM Error: GK2_LS_def(message mGate_Komf_2))]

Attachments

• Log-111-WV2ZZZ7HZFH042302-273070km-169677mi.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 14
Hi guys, i’m max from brasil and i’m learning a lot in this fórum, very nice retrofits. I read all this topic about Side assist and i have a problem in my car after a retrofit that i’ll try explain here. We don’t have T6 vw cars here in brasil, my car is a golf variant 2.5L 2012 PQ35(Jetta variant here in brasil), so our cars are very similar. I bought my car 2 years ago and made some retrofits, i installed in my car a 3D chuster, Discovery mídia mib2, direct tpms, keyless, ABS module, side assist and the last is a upgrade PLA 1.5 to PLA 3.0. So PLA 3.0 is my problem at the momment.

All retrofits in my car, cluster, discovery mídia mib2, tpms, ABS module, side assist are working fine, but last retrofit show some problems. My car comes with park assist 1.5 OEM and i bought all itens to retrofit to PLA 3.0. After install 2 more rear side sensors, change rear ABS sensors and connect new PLA 3.0 module a problem appear, all the 12 sensors are not working, vcds doesn’t shows sensors error, in the measuring blocks all sensors shows INFINITY signal. I and some friends check all vcds coding, and i think the coding is ok, i check all harness and wires in the car and shows ok. Some possibilities of this problem is, the PLA 3.0 module not working 100%, system coding not ok or incompatibilitie with other retrofits. I’ll put my cars scan here , i hope somebody help me because i don’t know what can i do. Sorry because my English is not so good.
Regards from brasil.
Max

Scan

Attachments

• Scani.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 14
1 Fault Found:
1113618 - Parallel Parking Assistance Indicator Lamp
B10FE 12 [008] - Short to Plus

fix this first
HI, the switch is OK, all the lights are OK. The parking assist start OK in the cluster but how the Sensors not working the parking assist ends.

View attachment 78166This two Adaptation channel make your RTA work... it may work only with the 1K8919472C... Thanks for Robert and mmi for the Help!View attachment 78167View attachment 78168
I would love to know how you work this out, how on earth do you know that 'SWA_0x1A' is related to the RTA display.

I'm very pleased you did work it out though because yet again the coding instructions from Kufatec are either wrong or incomplete, in this case incomplete. (I should add I thought the quality of their wiring harness was very nice)

For anyone attempting this retro fit the imformation in this thread is so valuable, and without it I would never have been able to get as far as I have. (more in next post)

So a big thank you from me to @Lez78, @mmi, @Robert, @dnoermann and @anyone else who has offered their knowledge to help others get this retrofit fitted and working properly.

I have now got the Blind Spot and RTA system fitted and I think it's working pretty much as it should, I do have a couple of issues though, so if anyone out there with more knowledge than me can help with any of these points it would be really helpful.

When I scan in 3C Lane Change Assistant Right I only see the master (686B), never the Slave (685B). Most other scans I have seen do show the Slave.
I'm using OBDeleven, could that be why?
Is it anyhting to worry about?

Also on the subject of scans I am showing one error in 19 Gateway, and it is related to the Lane change assistance control module (No signal/communication)
Does anyone know how I deal with this?
Could this be related to not being able to see the slave unit in my scans? (the left side radar does seem to be working 100% correctly)

Next question is about calibration, on my last scan a couple of days ago it was showing:-

Status is running
Auto Calibration, percent, progress, Master 1218.00km
Auto Calibration, percent, progress, Slave 100%
Distance of object 4 100%

I can't work out how this works. Since the Blind Spot has been working I have covered approx. 500 miles/800 km.
What does the KM figure actually mean? It doesn't seem to go up at the same rate as I drive, and it started at something like 900km. Doesn't make any sense!

How long does it usually take for callibration to finish?

Attachments

• Scan 2022-06-12 12-50.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 12
It looks like your slave is disconnected, check 12v, ground and canbus high/low is reaching the slave unit

It looks like your slave is disconnected, check 12v, ground and canbus high/low is reaching the slave unit
...... that would make perfect sense, but, the slave is working correctly..... my left mirror lights up when a car is in my left side blind spot and the RTA works when a car approaches from the left.

I also checked every pin in the harness against the wiring diagram before I installed it to make sure each wire went where it was supposed to, and they were all perfect.

Is it possible for the slave to work, but still have a 12v, ground or Can H/L problem?

Thank you for your reply!

When I scan in 3C Lane Change Assistant Right I only see the master (686B), never the Slave (685B). Most other scans I have seen do show the Slave.
I'm using OBDeleven, could that be why?
Seems to be a feature of OBDeleven. Mine is the same when scanned with OBDeleven. However, VCDS shows both.

Seems to be a feature of OBDeleven. Mine is the same when scanned with OBDeleven. However, VCDS shows both.

I'm not sure if thats good or bad news, I guess it's good because it means the missing info. is normal, it's a bit of a negative for OBDeleven though, maybe I should have got VCDS instead!

It still leaves me with an error to deal with 'Lane change assistance control module (No signal/communication)' Can anyone advise how to best approach this please?
(as far as I know the system is working exactly as it should)

And how about the Callibration, can anyone explain how that works please? And how long it is likely to run for?

Reactions: mmi
And how about the Callibration, can anyone explain how that works please? And how long it is likely to run for?
Mine reached 2 x 100% in less than 80 km. However, converging of dynamic angle offsets seem to last significantly longer - though not a noticeable change in operation.
1655316877671.png
Status is running
Auto Calibration, percent, progress, Master 1218.00km
Auto Calibration, percent, progress, Slave 100%
Distance of object 4 100%

I can't work out how this works. Since the Blind Spot has been working I have covered approx. 500 miles/800 km.
What does the KM figure actually mean? It doesn't seem to go up at the same rate as I drive, and it started at something like 900km. Doesn't make any sense!
That's interesting - the counter going faster than actual mileage. A couple of OEM ones (+mine) accumulate the counter much slower than actual mileage, approx. at rate of 1/3 of actual mileage.

It still leaves me with an error to deal with 'Lane change assistance control module (No signal/communication)' Can anyone advise how to best approach this please?
(as far as I know the system is working exactly as it should)
The 3C-Lane change Assistant has been added on Gateway Installation List??

maybe I should have got VCDS instead!
It's not too late - ;)

Mine reached 2 x 100% in less than 80 km. However, converging of dynamic angle offsets seem to last significantly longer - though not a noticeable change in operation.
View attachment 160838

That's interesting - the counter going faster than actual mileage. A couple of OEM ones (+mine) accumulate the counter much slower than actual mileage, approx. at rate of 1/3 of actual mileage.

I don't understand how this works. I have a feeling my 'Slave' and Object 4 reached 100% very quickly.... but 'Master' has me completely baffled!!
I have been taking screen grabs of the calibration progress and have matched them to the actual milage covered from scans and work out reasonably accurately how much the KM counter for 'Master' has clicked up on a couple of my recent trips.....

It seems mine is like yours in that it seems to go up at a rate of approx 1/3rd of actual mileage, but, it seems it didn't start at zero..... the first screen grab I have which may not be from the actual start, but must be close, shows 971km

Trip 1: 120 Actual Km's 'Master' advanced 37 Km's
Trip 2: 140 Actual Km's 'Master' advanced 37 Km's

Does 'Master' just keep clockling the Km's, or will it change to 100% one day, anyone know?

The 3C-Lane change Assistant has been added on Gateway Installation List??

Well, that is an interesting question. If I remember correctly when I scaned for the first time OBDeleven did something called 'AUTOCODE GATEWAY LIST' which added 3C Lane Change Assistant Right to the list of moduls, but is that the Gateway Installation list you mention? I don't know, so next time a connect with OBDeleven I will have a look and see if there is something I've missed.....

It's not too late - ;)
Thats true, but I think mod wise I have done everything I can..... there is nothing else so I really don't think it would be worth it!

Does 'Master' just keep clockling the Km's, or will it change to 100% one day, anyone know?
Yes, it just accumulates km's at the 1/3 rate.

Well, that is an interesting question. If I remember correctly when I scaned for the first time OBDeleven did something called 'AUTOCODE GATEWAY LIST' which added 3C Lane Change Assistant Right to the list of moduls, but is that the Gateway Installation list you mention? I don't know, so next time a connect with OBDeleven I will have a look and see if there is something I've missed.....
Yes, that's the Gateway Installation List.
Perhaps you could try manually untick the 3C, cycle the ignition, chek the faults, then manually tick the 3C again, cycle ignition, check/clear faults.
There has been a couple of incidents where OBDeleven Gateway Autocode hasn't fully succeeded to add new modules.

Yes, that's the Gateway Installation List.
Perhaps you could try manually untick the 3C, cycle the ignition, chek the faults, then manually tick the 3C again, cycle ignition, check/clear faults.
There has been a couple of incidents where OBDeleven Gateway Autocode hasn't fully succeeded to add new modules.
Thanks for that, I will give it a try and see what happens. If it doesn't work then, as everything seems to be working properly, I guess I will just have to live with it... or maybe get someone who knows what they are doing to take a look.

I have two more questions which should be quite simple if anyone could shed any light.....

When I turn my ignition on the light's in my mirrors light and then go out.... as they should, and then when I start the engine they light and go out again. Is it like that for everyone? (I tend to turn the ignition on, wait a second or two, and then start)

The other query is that I read in a couple of places that the blind spot side of the retro fit alerts of a car in the blind spot with both a visual and audiable warning. I have a feeling that might be for the earlier system (Side Scan?) and that for my system the warning is only visual.... solid light for car in blind spot, slightly brighter and flashing if I indicate while car is still in blind spot. Can anyone confirm?

Could anyone tell me what is the normal behavior for mirror lights before and after calibration is completed.
I don’t have any faults in the radars, But still side assist is not working, the lights are always on after ignition on, they flash’s when I press the turn indicator, and they turn off when I turn the wheel more that 3 degrees.
Rcta is working 100%
I suspect that the issue is with the parameter file, but I am not 100% sure.
Note: I have already tried the parameter file that it was posted in this page.
16DE7675-6F42-44DD-8AA6-A1B80209614F.jpeg

Back