(Side Assist) / (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

Can you share a Vcds Autoscan? If I'm right you may have the ABS which supports PLA3 so you may ending up with a fully working RTA...

I don't have Vcds, but I do have OBDEleven although I haven't used it much and I'm certainly no expert with it. I do have a scan from last year, maybe that will answer the question, I will attach.

What you say sounds promising, could it be that I also already have the Bidirectional measuring Sensors that dnoermann mentioned ^^^

Attachments

• Scan 04-05-21.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 16
I don't have Vcds, but I do have OBDEleven although I haven't used it much and I'm certainly no expert with it. I do have a scan from last year, maybe that will answer the question, I will attach.

What you say sounds promising, could it be that I also already have the Bidirectional measuring Sensors that dnoermann mentioned ^^^
Yes, your ABS support PLA3!... and ACC...

Last edited:
So you need to install for your Car matching Bidirectional measuring Sensors on the rear Axle

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to check which sensors my car has? Maybe it's possible with VCDS (or in my case OBDEleven), or, do I have to physically check the part on the car?

Also, does anyone have any idea how to find out the Part Number for the correct RHD Mirror Glass with the Blind Spot lights?

Kufatec have refused to deal with me so I can't buy their kit which is going to make the upgrade considerably harder and maybe even not possible!

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to check which sensors my car has? Maybe it's possible with VCDS (or in my case OBDEleven), or, do I have to physically check the part on the car?

Also, does anyone have any idea how to find out the Part Number for the correct RHD Mirror Glass with the Blind Spot lights?

Kufatec have refused to deal with me so I can't buy their kit which is going to make the upgrade considerably harder and maybe even not possible!
Use ADVANCED MEASURING VALUES in 03 ABS with VCDS.
See below.

See below.
Thanks Robert for the links, I'm trying to get my head around how this works but I have little experience so please forgive my constant questions.

Am I right in thinking that with the ADVANCED MEASURING VALUES you move the car backwards and forwards and the rotation direction is displayed in real time? If it says 'forwards' when moving forwards and 'reverse' when moving backwards you have bidirectional ABS sensors?

Also, do you, or anyone else, know if I can use OBDEleven for ADVANCED MEASURING VALUES in the same way as VCDS?

The same functionality in OBDeleven - "Live data"

Thanks for the info.... I looked at this a few days ago in 'Live data' with OBDEleven. I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was the first channel.

It didn't show Direction of Rotation 'Forward' or 'Reverse' like it does here: (Side Assist) or (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

But it did give me a speed reading when rolling the car forwards, and also when rolling in reverse.

Does that mean I do have bidirectional sensors?

If you can see direction in ABS Measures, than you have Bidirectional Sensor.

Thank you...... It does not give me the direction, but it does give me a speed when going forwards and backwards so it must be reading both ways which I think answers the question!

:inlove:Audio warning ... is almost there :whistle:.

View attachment 126624
Originally, after completing RCTA hardware installation, I have assumed incorrectly that AUDIO warning is not possible on PQ25 platform.
I even created my own solution based on Arduino and additional speaker.
But then, before the installation of my additional(non-OEM) hardware, I have decided to go back to the drawing board.
A lot of experimenting and I have done it:waving:
I have RCTA AUDIO warning in 100% OEM way, obviously in addition to my VISUAL warning :inlove:
I will post show off video soon :cool:

Implementation of automatic braking is still in progress :whistle:

Originally, after completing RCTA hardware installation, I have assumed incorrectly that AUDIO warning is not possible on PQ25 platform.
But then, before the installation of my additional(non-OEM) hardware, I have decided to go back to the drawing board.
I have RCTA AUDIO warning in 100% OEM way, obviously in addition to my VISUAL warning :inlove:

There is one major condition for AUDIO warning of RCTA - vehicle must be on the move backwards.

Can anyone help me out with a bit more info. please? I am close to ordering the parts to fit Blind Spot Detection to my car (2016 Beetle) and the one thing that slightly concerns me is calibration.

The VW workshop manual says 'Calibration is necessary if a relevant entry from Blind Spot Monitor control units -J1086-/-J1087- was stored in event memory'

So, what does that mean? I really don't want to have to go to VW to have the system calibrated.

Would it be better to buy used units (there seem to be plenty available from low mileage cars), or, would new be better?

And speaking of which, also 2Q0907685B & 2Q0907686B radars could be used as they are compatible with PQ platform.
2Q0 radars are much better comparing to 5Q0 and these also perform auto-calibration.

On the subject of calibration this is interesting.... my car should use 5Q0 907 685B/686B

Maybe I could use 2Q0 907 685B/686B instead?

Does anyone know please?

Can you explain how did you do it ?

I need a little more advice please and I think someone here will know the answer to this question!
I'm a step closer to fitting the Blind Spot but before I order more parts I want to be sure I have the pins I need in my BCM.

I'm looking for B18 and B19

I can see the row 17-37 in the diagram below but where are 18 & 19 positioned in that row?

Are they next to 6 & 7 at the top, or are they next to 14 & 15 at the bottom?

Beetle_BCM.jpg

I need a little more advice please and I think someone here will know the answer to this question!
I'm a step closer to fitting the Blind Spot but before I order more parts I want to be sure I have the pins I need in my BCM.

I'm looking for B18 and B19

I can see the row 17-37 in the diagram below but where are 18 & 19 positioned in that row?

Are they next to 6 & 7 at the top, or are they next to 14 & 15 at the bottom?

Back