Show Us Your Motorbikes

Fantastic, I was swayed when the 916 was launched and have a passion for Ducati, the D16RR was a dream for me when launched and when I was offered one I had to have,certainly unique and not reall an everyday bike,only operates over 70mph
1699191435178.png
Speaking of Desmosedici, me in an earlier life. Did the PDIs on about 12, all had the race exhaust systems fitted. Still got the D16RR overalls in mint condition, never worn for work.

View attachment 218914
Speaking of Desmosedici, me in an earlier life. Did the PDIs on about 12, all had the race exhaust systems fitted. Still got the D16RR overalls in mint condition, never worn for work.
Awesome,i live in Suffolk and alway purchased my Ducatis from Ron Parkinson, I had a lovely relationship and asked when the first D16RR comes in can they let me know,they did and when I turned that key and pressed the button it was like the chariots of hell letting loose, I had to have one.
experience like no other even with sky high insurance and tracker costs, just a historic landmark in putting this out as a road bike, very proud

Afternoon All,

I have now modified my set-up so that when carrying only one bike, it is more central in the van. Seems to work just as well as before.

ALSO:

I have been looking for a solution that would allow me to do away with ratchet straps altogether. I have seen a few options including the "Risk Racing Lock-N-Load Pro Strapless Tie-Down System" but when looking at the specs it would only be suitable for my enduro bike. They suggest bikes from 85cc to 690cc with a max weight of 140kg. Ideally I want something that I could use on a larger/heavier road or adventure bike as well.

I have found a solution in the US called the "Bike Binderz Adventure Bike kit" (www.bikebinderz.com) which is suitable for bikes up to 360kg. So even hauling my old 1250 GSA at 268kg I am in no danger of exceeding the weight limit. I am hoping it should arrive in the next day or so, and will post some pics when fitted and after I have tried it out with my bikes.

Scott.

Chock Centre.jpg

Afternoon All,

I have now modified my set-up so that when carrying only one bike, it is more central in the van. Seems to work just as well as before.

ALSO:

I have been looking for a solution that would allow me to do away with ratchet straps altogether. I have seen a few options including the "Risk Racing Lock-N-Load Pro Strapless Tie-Down System" but when looking at the specs it would only be suitable for my enduro bike. They suggest bikes from 85cc to 690cc with a max weight of 140kg. Ideally I want something that I could use on a larger/heavier road or adventure bike as well.

I have found a solution in the US called the "Bike Binderz Adventure Bike kit" (www.bikebinderz.com) which is suitable for bikes up to 360kg. So even hauling my old 1250 GSA at 268kg I am in no danger of exceeding the weight limit. I am hoping it should arrive in the next day or so, and will post some pics when fitted and after I have tried it out with my bikes.

Scott.

View attachment 219352

I’m interested in your set up. Need to create an internal carrying single handed solution for next season.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I set out to do. Happy to help.
I’ve just changed the front wheel mount on the trailer as it was tricky to load the Aprilia single handed but doable, near impossible with the CBR due to weight. New chock means I can do it on my own. Need the same internally. So a seat base mounting looks the ticket.

Afternoon All,

ALSO:

Scott.

View attachment 219352

That's a neat setup. I'm looking at transporting my R1250RS solo next year so will be interested to see what your new setup is like. Will a GS actually fit through the tailgate hole as it looks like with the RS I will need to fold the mirrors forward and take the screen off? I know an R will fit though as a friend of mine takes his to regular shows/events. Do you use two ramps and walk/crouch beside the bike or hop up at the last second? Also do you find the weight of the bike marks the flooring or do you put a board under the rear tyre?

Regards

I’ve just changed the front wheel mount on the trailer as it was tricky to load the Aprilia single handed but doable, near impossible with the CBR due to weight. New chock means I can do it on my own. Need the same internally. So a seat base mounting looks the ticket.
I detailed the parts I used in my previous post, just a question of looking out for them on e-Bay. But if you want dimensions etc for the metal 'arms' fitted to the chock happy to collate these. Or if you are not too far away you are welcome to pop over or get in touch with the company that made the arms for me. Am in S.Bucks nr High Wycombe.

That's a neat setup. I'm looking at transporting my R1250RS solo next year so will be interested to see what your new setup is like. Will a GS actually fit through the tailgate hole as it looks like with the RS I will need to fold the mirrors forward and take the screen off? I know an R will fit though as a friend of mine takes his to regular shows/events. Do you use two ramps and walk/crouch beside the bike or hop up at the last second? Also do you find the weight of the bike marks the flooring or do you put a board under the rear tyre?

Regards
Hiya,
Well I managed to get my 1250 GSA in there on my own, although had to remove the screen. I had DoubleTake Adv mirrors fitted, so just folded them down. Although I am glad that my first attempt was not recorded on camera as was a 'challenge'... :laugh: So your RS should be a lot easier.
At the time the van was higher than it is now as had "Swamper" suspension fitted, so was a bit precarious. But now it is lowered is much easier as less of a gradient to get up. In fact that was the primary reason I sold the swamper suspension and went back to normal height.
I only use one ramp. I roll the bike up using the engine to take the weight, and use a cheap collapsible metal step (e-Bay again) which allows a 'mid-way' point between being on the floor and being in the van. Just helps to keep things steady. I then put the bike on the side stand once it is in the van. The hardest bit with a bigger bike is getting the initial straps secured whilst supporting the weight, and remembering to raise the side stand before I ratchet it down. But doable if you take your time.
I have since sold the GSA, and replaced the 701 Enduro with a FE501 Enduro. This also has a Rade Garage rally tower fitted, but I had the screen cut down by a couple of inches which means I can load the bike without removing it. The 501 is so light that I can just push it up into the van without starting the engine, then strap it down as usual.
The strapless solution is primarily for when I get another (larger/heavier) road bike in the new year, so I can use it in conjunction with the wheel chock set-up.
Hope this is of use.
Scott.

IMG_2035.jpeg

Hiya,
Well I managed to get my 1250 GSA in there on my own, although had to remove the screen. I had DoubleTake Adv mirrors fitted, so just folded them down. Although I am glad that my first attempt was not recorded on camera as was a 'challenge'... :laugh: So your RS should be a lot easier.
At the time the van was higher than it is now as had "Swamper" suspension fitted, so was a bit precarious. But now it is lowered is much easier as less of a gradient to get up. In fact that was the primary reason I sold the swamper suspension and went back to normal height.
I only use one ramp. I roll the bike up using the engine to take the weight, and use a cheap collapsible metal step (e-Bay again) which allows a 'mid-way' point between being on the floor and being in the van. Just helps to keep things steady. I then put the bike on the side stand once it is in the van. The hardest bit with a bigger bike is getting the initial straps secured whilst supporting the weight, and remembering to raise the side stand before I ratchet it down. But doable if you take your time.
I have since sold the GSA, and replaced the 701 Enduro with a FE501 Enduro. This also has a Rade Garage rally tower fitted, but I had the screen cut down by a couple of inches which means I can load the bike without removing it. The 501 is so light that I can just push it up into the van without starting the engine, then strap it down as usual.
The strapless solution is primarily for when I get another (larger/heavier) road bike in the new year, so I can use it in conjunction with the wheel chock set-up.
Hope this is of use.
Scott.

View attachment 219468

Thanks for info, thats great. I imagine a GS fills the van up altho a RS is not that much lighter. I like the idea of a front wheel chock or strapless tie down particularly with my electronic suspension as that locks up when you turn the ignition off and I'd be wary of over doing it with ratchet straps, plus straps can be quite a faff.
I haven't done much research yet ( a winter project) and was maybe even wondering about making some fixings up mounted on a suitable shaped piece of inch ply, drop the board in the van when needed and load up? who knows, but your ideas are food for thought.

Regards

Back