Show Us Your Motorbikes

Anyone on the waiting list for
>>THIS<<
Edit: V4SV

Thinking of selling a kidney/lung/testicle :inlove:

Last edited:
@The Bear78
Hiya, sorry not replied sooner but have not been on the forum for a while. I bought a pair of the rear feet that are fitted to the VW seats (the bits with the release catch mechanism) and had a local fabricator make up some arms that could be attached to the wheel chock. These 'feet' have been bolted to the arms and now sit in the std VW seat mounts in the floor. Works really well. Tried it on a recent trip up to Northumberland in the van and the bike was solid as a rock. Couple of pics attached. Let me know if you need any more info. The pics are from the test fitting. I have since given the arms a few coats of paint from a rattle can (smoothrite black satin finish) which is the third pic.
The last pic is the part I got off e-Bay: (USED VW TRANSPORTER T5 T6 KOMBI SEAT LOCK CATCH COMPLETE WITH LOCATING FOOT)

View attachment 204841

View attachment 204842

View attachment 204843

View attachment 204844
Hi I’ve managed to buy one of the catches with the foot attachment but haven’t been able to source another. There’s a load of catches for sale but the foot attachment is like rocking horse s@@t.

I started my winter project today on my 76 Bonnie I drained the gearbox oil and fitted a new indent plunger with a ball bearing on the end to make gear
changes and finding neutral easier.
Next was to remove the rust from under my rear mudguard and to clean and lubricate the drive chain which had rusted even though I gave it a good chain lubing the last time I ran the bike in March 23 when it broke down with burnt out dual coil.
I wire brushed the rear mudguard and gave it a good coating of black waxoil, but I’ve decided to fit a new chain even though I cleaned and lubricated the old one, so I have that on order and can’t do any more until it arrives.
When I last used the bike I gave it a good wash and polish but the mudguards must have had road salt stuck beneath them, any way just got to give the old girl an oil and filter Change, fit the rear wheel and silencers back and she’ll be as good as new.

John.

IMG_1418.jpegIMG_1414.png

Back