Show Us Your Motorbikes

Newbie to the Forum here, Just had a new T6.1 in March so lock down has restricted the adventure a bit so far.
But need to work out how to my bike in and out of the Van without doing myself a mischief.
This was at Mallaig last summer.
VW and Bikes on the same forum, can it get any better?20190715_115629A.jpg

I was a student the so I lived on the campus opposite Fred Dibnahs house, Darcey Level and the later just off Halliwell road.

I collect this 2 weeks ago. Done 500miles on it already and it's great fun.

View attachment 82538

Nice bike, I like those. had one for a day when having some warranty work done on mine. Good fun. Still got the pre LC engine in.
I know that area, friend of mine lives on the road Fred’s house is on.

Hopefully the Scottish weather is good a week on Thursday for knockhill track day.
Gonna work on my braking this time out. I need more faith in my front tyre grip under braking.
Strange really as I push hard into corners and don't worry about low siding but worry about locking the front wheel in a straight line.
No abs on a 1999 R1 o_O

Hopefully the Scottish weather is good a week on Thursday for knockhill track day.
Gonna work on my braking this time out. I need more faith in my front tyre grip under braking.
Strange really as I push hard into corners and don't worry about low siding but worry about locking the front wheel in a straight line.
No abs on a 1999 R1 o_O
I did a session with California Superbike School. You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to lock the front wheel even when trying to. Enjoy the track day.

You picked a good day for it, usually at knockhill it's "if you can see the mast on the hill it's about to rain, if you can't see the mast it's already raining"
1/2 hour before the pit lane opened it was pis$ing it down and the wind was horrendous.
It was that wind that saved the day though as it dried the track out.
I didn't manage to keep up with the bigger powered bikes on the straights but could hold my own in the bends.
Wee video link below

I know of a T140 just sitting in a garage doing nothing.
Offered the guy money for it but he wont sell.
I know of a KH500 in the same circumstances. I’ve begged him to let me buy it but he says he’ll do it up one day. It’s been there at least 26yrs to my knowledge :(

Back