Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

Just put 20” alloys 275/40/20 tyres on my 2018 t28.
The gap between top of tyre and bottom of wheel arch is 100mm!
I’ve ordered B14 suspension and hoping this will bring it down to a nice stance but 100mm is loads.

any one else encountered this much gap??

10E92DF0-D782-4D9C-A528-6EE41240ECA3.jpeg

Yes and b14’s will sort that nicely although the front will rub a bit with the 40 profile on lock.

That’s cool.
Cheers for the reassurance .

I know mine looks like a 4x4 at the moment but all this talk of 20” wheels being a harsh ride is wrong.
It’s great. No different to standard.

no worries.

B14 I think firm up the ride and I think the 20’s make for a harsher ride.

Mine is no limo. Im going to move away from the Goodyear to try something different next time.

Hi All. Just picked up my very first T6 Kombi. T32 swb. I’ve gone for an ABT front and a few toys incl 40mm cobra springs. I had a set of 20’s fitted yesterday with Vredestien Quadrac cross climates 275/40/20 (I figures better with softer sidewall on the lower springs/big wheels and give all year grip). However, I can’t help but feel it’d look better a tad lower but I’m slightly nervous about catching the arches.
Anyone running 20’s with 55mm lowering springs that can say for sure?
Thanks

Hi,nice to see a fellow manc on here. You will find loads of helpful info on here for sure. Any pics?.

Hi All. Just picked up my very first T6 Kombi. T32 swb. I’ve gone for an ABT front and a few toys incl 40mm cobra springs. I had a set of 20’s fitted yesterday with Vredestien Quadrac cross climates 275/40/20 (I figures better with softer sidewall on the lower springs/big wheels and give all year grip). However, I can’t help but feel it’d look better a tad lower but I’m slightly nervous about catching the arches.
Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the never ending story of T6 modification!

I have 50mm H&R lowering springs on my T32 with 20” wheels and 275/40 tyres. No rubbing at all. Do you know your wheel offset?

the springs may be for sale soon if I can ever decide on which setup to replace them with!

I have 50mm H&R lowering springs on my T32 with 20” wheels and 275/40 tyres. No rubbing at all. Do you know your wheel offset?

the springs may be for sale soon if I can ever decide on which setup to replace them with!

Fantastic, thanks. That’s about all the convincing I need then

sorry missed your offset question;
They’re
20x9 front ET 40
20x10.5 rear ET40
275/40 all around

Thanks

The amount of money you have spent on the current springs, then the price of the 55s without actually knowing if these will look right, you might be better off going with a set of coil-overs. The route you're going is the normal route most of us took, and ended up on B14s or Solows in the end anyway, it's just the more expensive way to do things. Learn from the rest of us and just take the plunge for a set-up like i've suggested. This gives you the luxury of a far better ride, and full adjustment.

Back