Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

They work very well and are an excellent solution. If you are nearby pop in and have a demo. However has has been stated to get your van level they will be lower than what you are after. We have fitted many sets with excellent results.

They work very well and are an excellent solution. If you are nearby pop in and have a demo. However has has been stated to get your van level they will be lower than what you are after. We have fitted many sets with excellent results.
I can cope with 40mm and level, just no more than that. I would love to call in but im in west yorks so im quite a way from you

Andy , The B14 is height adjustable it isn't damping ( stiffness ) adjustable which in my humble opinion is more important . Also I didn't say they weren't any good and no one can dispute their popularity , I said it wouldn't do what you wanted mainly because of the height you specified .
I personally have technical reservations about B 14 in the transporter ( Race car technology in a leisure vehicle ) but in all honesty if you want low and a reasonable ride at this time it has to be top of the list , when compared to all the cheap crap on the market , The only way we can get your needs met is with a Sport shock and spring , this is a fixed drop and will give very hi levels of comfort and handling . getting the correct spring is the trick and most spring discounters haven't a clue how to apply the springs to customer needs .

Sorry it's not on 20's but this is mine on 17's, full camper and only lowered enough to level it on B14's. I think it is around 50mm to achieve level.

IMG_20181201_111428434.jpg

Andy , The B14 is height adjustable it isn't damping ( stiffness ) adjustable which in my humble opinion is more important . Also I didn't say they weren't any good and no one can dispute their popularity , I said it wouldn't do what you wanted mainly because of the height you specified .
I personally have technical reservations about B 14 in the transporter ( Race car technology in a leisure vehicle ) but in all honesty if you want low and a reasonable ride at this time it has to be top of the list , when compared to all the cheap crap on the market , The only way we can get your needs met is with a Sport shock and spring , this is a fixed drop and will give very hi levels of comfort and handling . getting the correct spring is the trick and most spring discounters haven't a clue how to apply the springs to customer needs .

Just to clarify, when you say the damper is adjustable in what ways do you mean? Eg both compression and rebound, high speed and low speed compression? TIA

The ride that I currently have with the H&R 40mm springs isn't perfect but I can live with it. All I want really is to level the van up, is there no spacer kit available for H&R springs that would help me lift the back end to level it out ?

The ride that I currently have with the H&R 40mm springs isn't perfect but I can live with it. All I want really is to level the van up, is there no spacer kit available for H&R springs that would help me lift the back end to level it out ?

There are spacer kits to raise the rear but best to advise what H&R springs you currently have on the rear. They’re either “Hard or soft”. Do you have the original receipt or can you read the part number off the spring? (I.E. fitting spacers to a soft spring won’t be the answer)
I’ve got the 40mm hard/hard kit with Koni actives and they’re level on a fully converted van. The ride is a revelation too.

There are spacer kits to raise the rear but best to advise what H&R springs you currently have on the rear. They’re either “Hard or soft”. Do you have the original receipt or can you read the part number off the spring? (I.E. fitting spacers to a soft spring won’t be the answer)
I’ve got the 40mm hard/hard kit with Koni actives and they’re level on a fully converted van. The ride is a revelation too.
The springs were fit when i bought the can so i have no receipt. I will get underneath and try and see the part number

Just to clarify, when you say the damper is adjustable in what ways do you mean? Eg both compression and rebound, high speed and low speed compression? TIA
That would be nice Hi and Low speed damping adjustment on BUMP and REBOUND but this type of shock would cost approx. 1500 to 2000 quid EACH and work great on proper race cars . When we are talking about Transporters the only adjustment you need is the rebound stiffness . As you will know the shock resists the movement of the "unsprung mass" and turns those kinetic forces in to heat energy. The spring carries the weight of the car and the shock controls the movement of the unsprung mass . there fore fitting any lowering springs , which are normally 20 % stiffer you need t0 increase the rebound force s to improve the ride !

I read about a lot of clients changing their 20 to 22 inch wheels to smaller ones to regain some level of comfort . All they needed to do was fit a performance adjustable shock and adjust it to suit the extra unsprung weight and problem solved .

There are spacers available to level the rear let me know how much higher you would like it please and ill quote you on a solution

I should explain why many owners mention that B 14 s on the rear are wound all the way up to get any decent ride height, ride quality and stance , the concept of a Coil over kit that fits all the transporter models is actually madness . the standard Vans T26, T 28 ,T30, and T 32 all have different rated springs as standard , I assume this is taken into account when the DVLA rate the Vans load capacity . It simply doesn't make sense that coil over manufactures can supply a one spring fits all concept . The mods we do to the vans add lots of weight and this makes us turn the rear adjusters up further . Sadly this simply pre tensions the spring to the point that there is very little travel left and this leads to a bumpy ride on poor surfaces . ( not enough suspension movement before the bump stop comes in to play )
As many will say " mines ok" , and adversely some complain , imagine the difference between an empty T 26 SWB and a fully converted T 32 LWB 4 WD . how do expect that one spring can give the same result in both scenarios . The coil over manufacturers seem to think its fine !! . At least a Coil over kit should be available with a range of springs to cope with all the different applications and keep the vehicle with in DVLA spec and SAFE . .
Many suspension mods often result in a tail down stance and I hear many forum members mention that the tail is sagging ( not height adjustable kits, just normal fixed sport springs ) . This is the same issue and it can affect sport springs just as much if the sales centre do not know there stuff and know how to properly apply the range of sport springs according to the vehicle and mods done , at the recent Busfest show I assisted 3 clients who had a problem at the rear because they had purchased springs from non technical discount retailers and simply didn't have the correct spring rates supplied .

I know its totally personal choice but after seeing B14's (with 20" alloys) raised as high as possible I've decided against buying them as i dont want my van that low.
Absolute max 30mm lowered , 20mm if possible and more comfort for me.

I know its totally personal choice but after seeing B14's (with 20" alloys) raised as high as possible I've decided against buying them as i dont want my van that low.
Absolute max 30mm lowered , 20mm if possible and more comfort for me.
You don't need a coil over at all Sport shocks ands springs is the answer every time .

Back