Show me your electrical system locations

Now onto planning my electrical system, planning to go for a fairly basic system, B2B charger and inverter along with 12v and 230v fuse box potentially, don't think I will bother with solar at this stage , where do.you guys install your systems? Any photos appreciated just working out best approach to no waste precious space

Now onto planning my electrical system, planning to go for a fairly basic system, B2B charger and inverter along with 12v and 230v fuse box potentially, don't think I will bother with solar at this stage , where do.you guys install your systems? Any photos appreciated just working out best approach to no waste precious space
Prioritise solar over inverter, just speaking from experience.

Consider if you need 240v at all to save a chunk of space and hassle.

If you have 12v only system you can tuck the big 25amp Victron charger in the engine bay to support your 12v system when you need to, but decent solar and LiFePo can meet many folks power needs without ever needing an extension cable.

Consider if you need 240v at all to save a chunk of space and hassle.

If you have 12v only system you can tuck the big 25amp Victron charger in the engine bay to support your 12v system when you need to, but decent solar and LiFePo can meet many folks power needs without ever needing an extension cable.
Agreed. I have to confess I haven’t yet used the mains hookup in anger!

This is a funny one. If we only used the van in summer, I’m confident that we could get along happily with just a 12V installation. However, we camp all year round and the EHU comes into its own in winter, AND, we use the ACSI card for off peak camping, the ACSI rate includes EHU as part of the deal.
Adding EHU capability at the conversion stage is peanuts in the big scheme of things, and it adds another option & level of redundancy into your setup, so why wouldn’t you?
You never know what’s around the corner, and adding things later, is always more expensive & complicated than doing it at the build stage.

Do you have a link to where you purchased the consumer unit please ?
thanks

My enclosure was from Screwfix

And these are the RCBO via Amazon

G-PROKIT Fuseboard 16A Mini Type... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09QLG6K2T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

G-PROKIT Fuseboard 10A Mini Type... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09QLDG724?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Thank you

Back