help with another Leisure electrics shopping list

Green Giant

T6 Guru
Hello
Although iv read so many posts on all the leisure electrics set ups, my mind has “frozen” trying to work out what gear I need to order. So far, I’ve chosen a Roamer 160ah lithium battery,, to be fitted under passenger swivel.
Hopefully some other Victron kit can fit in with this battery under passenger swivel?
The EHU cable and RCD/MCB? will be fitted under the bonnet.
A 1000w Renogy inverter to be fitted under the drivers seat, the Eberspacher diesel heater is already fitted under drivers seat, but there’s also room for the Renogy inverter.
I already have two 160w ecoflow suitcase style solar panels, so would like the option to be able to plug at least one panel in,to top up the Lithium battery when I need.
I need to power the standard compressor fridge, water tap pump and led ceiling lights.
I’ll have a twin 240v socket, 2-4 usb sockets and a 12v cig socket.
Would like to also be able to charge the Lithium leisure battery when on EHU.
So it’s all the Victron bits I need help with choosing, chargers, controllers/ monitors etc.
Thanks for any advice on the kit I need, to make this all work

You've not really said what you want to do with your electrics?
I need to power the standard compressor fridge, water tap pump and led ceiling lights.
If this is all then what are you intending to use the 1000w inverter for - as that's power consumption will dwarf all the rest put together?

Do you expect to be off grid for days without driving?

Which seasons do you expect to use the van in?

There is a huge difference between needing a fridge to run for a weekend away in the summer to expecting to be able to run toasters and a coffee machine off grid for a week in October.

Hi thanks for reply
The inverter is to run a small slow cooker, about 100w and our hot choc machine at 500w, from the 240 sockets in van, when we aren’t on EHU.
I would say 48hrs would be the max we would be in the van without driving or plugging in to EHU.
Building van to use in all seasons, we prefer staying on campsites for the facilities, but in winter, we might be off grid once in a while if we can’t find a site on our route, as many sites are closed.
We have a double gas hob for cooking, boiling water etc
Cheers

so im thinking . .

vic 100/20 smart for solar MTTP - https://amzn.to/47Bg1Cm

with added quick disconnects for your mobile solar panels.

1705398292808.png

vic ip22 15A EHU charger - https://amzn.to/3Sh7HDg

1705398416899.png

vic smart shunt for battery monitor and system power flow. . . https://amzn.to/48U8dwr

1705398480312.png

then you need a DC-DC charger. . . . so choose any that suit.

if space is limited look at the REDARC or NEW RENOGY unit . . . RENOGY IP67 50A DC-DC Battery Charger with MPPT

1705398606265.png

other options:

Renogy DC50s
CTEK D250e
Vic ORION 12/12/30
new VIC ORION XS 12/12/50

Last edited:
Apologies for late reply
Cheers Lee, that’s exactly what I was after, really helpful.
I know Roamer offer a electrical system design & supply the kit service, but I’m not sure they supply any Renogy products,, mainly Victron, space is tight, some of the Renogy kit is smaller, I.e. the inverter.
Will mixing brands still enable the monitoring apps on the phone to work, or will it be a Victron app and a separate Renogy app for different parts of the system.

Hi Lee
Just a couple of questions, on the 12vplanet website I’ve read the Vic 15AEHC charger is recommended for a70-120ah battery, ours is going to be 160ah, will this be ok or will I need a different charger?
Also with the vic solar charger listed above, can I plug in two portable panels, rated at 160w each or just use one panel.
Cheers

battery charger is normally 10-20% of the battery.

so 15A will be ok, but the 20A (or higher) version would be better.

the 15A will work the same - just take longer to charge .

+++

2x 160w panels will be ok on the victron 100/20 , but you need to look at the panel specs.

the vic has a VOC max or 100v and a max charge rate of 20A.

so have a look at the specs.

battery charger is normally 10-20% of the battery.

so 15A will be ok, but the 20A (or higher) version would be better.

the 15A will work the same - just take longer to charge .

+++

2x 160w panels will be ok on the victron 100/20 , but you need to look at the panel specs.

the vic has a VOC max or 100v and a max charge rate of 20A.

so have a look at the specs.
Cheers Lee

Back