Seatpod by Slidepods

Okay everybody "Heeeerrrrreeeeessssss Jonny!"
The First batch of seatpods has been slightly delayed I hope you all understand we are doing our best but staff on Furlough and a huge spike in demand has been a real body blow to us.
Anyway we were due to start cutting them last Monday but I promise I will start cutting them tomorrow! The single colour units WILL run first due to a new CAD file being deeded for 2 tone units. I know I have a gloss silver one and a dark tweed one ready to hit the CNC tomorrow (after a morning of interviewing candidates for a technicians position).
I will not cut any seat pods unless I know collection can be made promptly after we finish build and testing.
So please call me to tell me if you are ready and waiting to get hold of yours. Its really hard atm due to having a million pods to build, staff working from home, van builds storming on and remembering who has milk and how many sugars in their tea. (this really isnt leaving much time for workshop table tennis tournaments!).
Anyway if any of you guys are the gloss silver or dark tweed let me know as your the first on my cutting list!
Hi Jonny... Thanks for the update! Hats off to you and your team for keeping all the plates spinning, can’t be easy at the moment! If the dark tweed is a utility unit seatpod then that’s mine. I can pick it up quickly as my work is flexible and I’m not too far away... shall I call tomorrow to get an idea of collection date, or leave it to later in the week? Cheers, Ian

thats fine no need to call. one of us will need to sit down and re jig the cad for the double utility (its about 2 hours work). This may happen tommorrow or may be laid off until all the full kitchen units in a single colour are cut. It depends on when the next delivery of lightweight ply lands with us atm we are trying to keep the CNC running non stop and sometimes design time means the machine gets down time so...... You will get a call as soon as your boards hit the machine now tho!

nah that’s a crappy halfords one. Yesterday I was informed, spend £600 on a compressor cool box instead. Save my leisure battery and works far better
ha ah i bought one of those crappy :p:p halfords ones as i thought it would be okay , actually sent it back after 3 days of use on site as it was rubbish , i think the compressor ones are the way to go , i know johnny at @slidepods does them so will get one when we collect . cant stop spending money on the van ha ha.
cheers
ken

what colour did you go for ? And what was the original colour
grey (arsenic) just picked a different grey, the wife said she will brighten it up with some coloured cooking bits and plates etc, didnt have the nuts to go for a bright colour :cool:

Hi Jonny... Thanks for the update! Hats off to you and your team for keeping all the plates spinning, can’t be easy at the moment! If the dark tweed is a utility unit seatpod then that’s mine. I can pick it up quickly as my work is flexible and I’m not too far away... shall I call tomorrow to get an idea of collection date, or leave it to later in the week? Cheers, Ian
Okay everybody "Heeeerrrrreeeeessssss Jonny!"
The First batch of seatpods has been slightly delayed I hope you all understand we are doing our best but staff on Furlough and a huge spike in demand has been a real body blow to us.
Anyway we were due to start cutting them last Monday but I promise I will start cutting them tomorrow! The single colour units WILL run first due to a new CAD file being deeded for 2 tone units. I know I have a gloss silver one and a dark tweed one ready to hit the CNC tomorrow (after a morning of interviewing candidates for a technicians position).
I will not cut any seat pods unless I know collection can be made promptly after we finish build and testing.
So please call me to tell me if you are ready and waiting to get hold of yours. Its really hard atm due to having a million pods to build, staff working from home, van builds storming on and remembering who has milk and how many sugars in their tea. (this really isnt leaving much time for workshop table tennis tournaments!).
Anyway if any of you guys are the gloss silver or dark tweed let me know as your the first on my cutting list!
hi johnny
i know you spoke to Zoe (robertson) on friday and said ours would be the last one done due to having to change our colour . just letting toy know we can collect anytime as im flexible at work but will need a few days notice as its a long drive for us . speak soon , keep up the good work :cool:
regards
ken

grey (arsenic) just picked a different grey, the wife said she will brighten it up with some coloured cooking bits and plates etc, didnt have the nuts to go for a bright colour :cool:

what you reckon to our colour ?! With grey work top! It really helps bring some pop to our black and grey van!

what you reckon to our colour ?! With grey work top! It really helps bring some pop to our black and grey van!
Looks great , that’s the trouble they all look so good , I’m sure we will love ours , it’s all new to us this camping thing , so we are looking forward to seeing how we get on . We will probably not sleep on it very often but nice to have the option . I’ve got an older T5.1 which is what I will end up putting it in as Ill use the new one for work now .

Looks great , that’s the trouble they all look so good , I’m sure we will love ours , it’s all new to us this camping thing , so we are looking forward to seeing how we get on . We will probably not sleep on it very often but nice to have the option . I’ve got an older T5.1 which is what I will end up putting it in as Ill use the new one for work now .

what will you sleep on?

what will you sleep on?
The beds the same as yours , I just meant we won’t do overnight in it very often , unless we get the camping bug , we bought the seatpod unit as it suits our needs much more than the full side kitchen camper layout which then would restrict the use of the van . Getting quite exited now and really looking forward to getting it , now we’ve seen yours .

The beds the same as yours , I just meant we won’t do overnight in it very often , unless we get the camping bug , we bought the seatpod unit as it suits our needs much more than the full side kitchen camper layout which then would restrict the use of the van . Getting quite exited now and really looking forward to getting it , now we’ve seen yours .

You really need to get out camping , nothing beats it. I’ve stopped in some very nice holiday homes/apartments, etc etc and yeah they’re amazing for a week if you want to splash out 2-3k , but trust me, get yourselves into camping!!

Hey @Harveyt10 any news on your seatpod? I got a call on the 30th of June asking for my trim colour preference but haven’t heard a peep since.
Hi Ian
Yes we had a provisional date of next week but I couldnt collect due to work so we have a confirmed fitting day of the 22nd , hope you here more soon , can’t wait to get ours . I’m sure Yours will be soon when my wife spoke to them they are working really hard to keep everyone happy , I think they have been swamped with orders , but I know they are on it .
Thanks
Ken

Does the Seatpod have the draw unit that opens inside the van as well as the kitchen drawer which opens out the back of the van - i.e. two drawer units under the seat/bed. I got confused because their website mentions that the kitchen unit can be opened/used from within the inside of the van? Sorry if I am being dim!

Does the Seatpod have the draw unit that opens inside the van as well as the kitchen drawer which opens out the back of the van - i.e. two drawer units under the seat/bed. I got confused because their website mentions that the kitchen unit can be opened/used from within the inside of the van? Sorry if I am being dim!
Yes, two drawer units (one containing the kitchen, if chosen) that can be switched. So you could have the kitchen sliding out into the van, or as is standard, with the kitchen sliding out the back and a drawer sliding into the van. I personally have gone for 2 drawer units and no kitchen. Hope this makes sense?

Yes, two drawer units (one containing the kitchen, if chosen) that can be switched. So you could have the kitchen sliding out into the van, or as is standard, with the kitchen sliding out the back and a drawer sliding into the van. I personally have gone for 2 drawer units and no kitchen. Hope this makes sense?
I’m here now getting mine fitted

Ah, ok, understand now.....so was yours a Utility Pod version of the Seat Pod? Or did you just specify Seatpod without kitchen ? Many thanks

Ah, ok, understand now.....so was yours a Utility Pod version of the Seat Pod? Or did you just specify Seatpod without kitchen ? Many thanks
I just asked for a seatpod without a kitchen, but yes, I guess you could say it’s the utility pod version of the seatpod!

Back