Sorry, another pop-top thread

Took forever to find a photo online, my roof is a SWB easifit VTEC, not sure if this arrangement is on other Reimo roofs but no reason why it wouldn’t work.
100% automatic, just the front to pull inside when lowering the roof.

View attachment 185008
Yes, you’re correct. The superflat does not feature this like the easifit foes

Brandon

I narrowed down which roof would suit my van by carefully checking the capabilities rather than the looks. But then I wanted some specific features.
Good ventilation, very high roof rack loading, capable of being raised with a reasonable load on the roof bars and good headroom inside with a Reimo Variotech seat fitted.
Rear seat height is quite important, some of the rock and roll beds that fit to VW rails are very high and can leave your feet dangling whiel your head is hitting the roof bed.
I went with Jerba in the end. The best feature for me is the Ventile fabric roof canvas which means there is very little condensation. It also has proper scottish midge proof screens.

Took forever to find a photo online, my roof is a SWB easifit VTEC, not sure if this arrangement is on other Reimo roofs but no reason why it wouldn’t work.
100% automatic, just the front to pull inside when lowering the roof.
Thank you. My slim line Reimo roof (SWB) fitted in 2018 with a Exploria roof bed, does not appear to have those strips so I need to look at options for retrofitting some.
CFF1D0A8-1415-4443-9EA8-AFA0BD6BAD66.jpeg

Thank you. My slim line Reimo roof (SWB) fitted in 2018 with a Exploria roof bed, does not appear to have those strips so I need to look at options for retrofitting some.
View attachment 185033
You could have a go at attaching something similar with self adhesive Velcro before committing with stitching.
A simpler option would be a detachable bungee cord between the two sides.

Save yourself some hassle and time and by a role of bungee cord. Put roof up and run a length around outside the middle of the roof and tighten it up. Pull the roof down and the sides will pull the sides in. You may need to do this a few times to get tension right. There are also pre-made ones to buy, but silly money.

Link: Bungee Link

@amo1968red Thanks, I need a new vehicle fairly quickly and was caught earlier between buying a van as a base or buying a Cali. Cali is now out of the picture so it looks like It'll be a van very soon and then lots of time to think about a roof later. A trip to the NEC looks useful.
Book tickets early, as it usually sells out

Back