Seatpod by Slidepods

Ian_T6

T6 Pro
Ordered a Seatpod from Slidepods a couple of weeks ago, can’t wait for the lockdown to be over and for it to be ready! Looks perfect for my needs and they seem a great bunch down there - only ever heard good things.

Anyone else on here manage to get one before the lockdown, and can share your experience with it?

Ordered a Seatpod from Slidepods a couple of weeks ago, can’t wait for the lockdown to be over and for it to be ready! Looks perfect for my needs and they seem a great bunch down there - only ever heard good things.

Anyone else on here manage to get one before the lockdown, and can share your experience with it?
Been thinking about the seat pod myself , not ready to order yet as need to make sure it is the correct unit for my needs , I’ve asked a few question to slidepod on the phone and they are hopefully getting back to me soon . I have a Kombi and have asked if the seat pod would fit in behind the seats in the back , I know you couldn’t use the bed but you could still use the cooker out the rear of the van which I think would be great as this makes the unit really adaptable Eg take Kombi seats out and use seat on unit and bed facility( more room in the van as Kombi seats removed ) or leave Kombi seats in ( still carry passengers ) and still have full cooking facilities . Slidepods are going to try one of the seat pod units in the back of a Kombi van with seats in and let me know the outcome . Enjoy you pod when it comes and give some reviews of your thoughts on the unit

Been thinking about the seat pod myself , not ready to order yet as need to make sure it is the correct unit for my needs , I’ve asked a few question to slidepod on the phone and they are hopefully getting back to me soon . I have a Kombi and have asked if the seat pod would fit in behind the seats in the back , I know you couldn’t use the bed but you could still use the cooker out the rear of the van which I think would be great as this makes the unit really adaptable Eg take Kombi seats out and use seat on unit and bed facility( more room in the van as Kombi seats removed ) or leave Kombi seats in ( still carry passengers ) and still have full cooking facilities . Slidepods are going to try one of the seat pod units in the back of a Kombi van with seats in and let me know the outcome . Enjoy you pod when it comes and give some reviews of your thoughts on the unit
Hi @Harveyt10 I had confirmation from @slidepods on the 30th of March that the unit would fit in with the kombi seats in place - like you this is an important factor for me. Looking forward to getting it and getting back out on the road! As an aside, I’ve gone for two utility units rather than the kitchen... Will let you know my thoughts when I get it...:thumbsup:

Edit: for clarity, they said it would fit in but the bed function wouldn’t work, which is what I expected, and yourself too, by the sounds of it.

Last edited:
Hi @Harveyt10 I had confirmation from @slidepods on the 30th of March that the unit would fit in with the kombi seats in place - like you this is an important factor for me. Looking forward to getting it and getting back out on the road! As an aside, I’ve gone for two utility units rather than the kitchen... Will let you know my thoughts when I get it...:thumbsup:

Edit: for clarity, they said it would fit in but the bed function wouldn’t work, which is what I expected, and yourself too, by the sounds of it.
Thanks for the relpy , slightly confused as I spoke to them Friday and they said they hadn’t tried to fit one in with the seats still in place but hopefully all is good with this set up ( they were going to try one in a Kombi this week ) , they have given me a price which will stand for 30 days after which the price will be going up on the seatpod versions by I think they said £ 500 , as the kombi version is the biggest seller they have , they now feel the seatpod is going to outsell the Kombi unit in the future due to the versatility of it . I like the seatpod version due to the fact the cooker system can be reversed and used inside the van . Could I ask why you are not having the cooker set up in your pod , this is our first venture into the Campervan / day van set up .

we feel the slidepod setup is the place to start on our set up journey , as we don’t feel we will use the van all of the time as we do still like our trips to the sun in Ibiza but feel it would be nice to jump in the van with the pod when needed and shoot to the north norfolk beaches not to far from us with the dog and possibly the odd longer trip away for the night etc . I feel the full conversion route is something we would consider later when we have established how much we will actually use the van . I’m not a huge lover of the full standard side kitchen rock and roll bed set up as the van is then pretty restricted ( I use my van for work ) to other uses . But cooking and washing facilities is something we think is nice to have .
It is a minefield as to what seems to be the best set up , some say standard conversion others saying get a portable stove etc as you won’t cook in the van anyway ( which if I’m honest is probably true but to make a hot drink etc is still a nice option if you’ve just stopped on the road somewhere , excuse the almost essay like reply . Be interested to here about what you use your van for on you travels .
cheers
ken

5A13C56A-DBDA-4E57-BB6A-1615E95C0164.jpeg

Thanks for the relpy , slightly confused as I spoke to them Friday and they said they hadn’t tried to fit one in with the seats still in place but hopefully all is good with this set up ( they were going to try one in a Kombi this week ) , they have given me a price which will stand for 30 days after which the price will be going up on the seatpod versions by I think they said £ 500 , as the kombi version is the biggest seller they have , they now feel the seatpod is going to outsell the Kombi unit in the future due to the versatility of it . I like the seatpod version due to the fact the cooker system can be reversed and used inside the van . Could I ask why you are not having the cooker set up in your pod , this is our first venture into the Campervan / day van set up .

we feel the slidepod setup is the place to start on our set up journey , as we don’t feel we will use the van all of the time as we do still like our trips to the sun in Ibiza but feel it would be nice to jump in the van with the pod when needed and shoot to the north norfolk beaches not to far from us with the dog and possibly the odd longer trip away for the night etc . I feel the full conversion route is something we would consider later when we have established how much we will actually use the van . I’m not a huge lover of the full standard side kitchen rock and roll bed set up as the van is then pretty restricted ( I use my van for work ) to other uses . But cooking and washing facilities is something we think is nice to have .
It is a minefield as to what seems to be the best set up , some say standard conversion others saying get a portable stove etc as you won’t cook in the van anyway ( which if I’m honest is probably true but to make a hot drink etc is still a nice option if you’ve just stopped on the road somewhere , excuse the almost essay like reply . Be interested to here about what you use your van for on you travels .
cheers
ken

View attachment 71208
Hi Ken, A little worried now, due to the mixed messages - below is the confirmation I received. I ordered mine and put a 50% deposit down on the 14th of April and was given a 6 to 8 week lead time - so should hear back on progress in the next week or two I’d imagine.

Setup requirements will be different for different people so I can only feed back on our own thoughts. We don’t really need the rear seats as it’s just the two of us, but they‘re nice to have - taken out and stored for the summer, and then put back in for winter / out of season, or odd trips here and there with passengers.

We spent many years cycle touring and camping so have a lot of the cooking stuff that we need already. I see what you’re saying about the odd hot drink / soup but we just use a Jetboil - really compact and handy for use inside the van.

Then, we’ve got both slide out units available for whatever we like - put the cooking items in if you need them, if not you’ve got more storage space for different types of trips where you know your not going to need to cook. The jetboil is always there for coffee or heating water for the odd dehydrated meal.

This arrangement won’t work for everyone though, so I guess that’s why they‘ll go for the full kitchen.

The standard conversion with a full kitchen wouldn’t work for us as we like to have the full width of the van for sleeping.

So, for our needs, the seatpod with two utility units gives us ultimate flexibility. If, down the line our circumstances / requirements change, we can retrofit the seatpod kitchen unit in isolation - I had confirmation that this could be done too.

Hope this helps... Ian

E720F203-BEB6-42BD-9BB5-FBDF6BF6DD35.png

Last edited:
Hi Ian
thanks for your response , as you say different things for different people , I’m the same as you really . It’s nice to have the option to keep the seats in if you wish and still have the storage etc for other items in the pod , it’s also good to hear you can retrofit the cooker set up at a later date if you so wished .
I hear a lot about the jet boils and other mobile cooking stoves etc . Too many options I guess , thanks for your responses I guess I just need to make my decision in the next 30 days as they will honour my quote until then .
Hope you enjoy the seatpod when it comes and it’s everything you hope it to be , have fun stay safe
regards
ken

No, not yet Ken, hoping to hear something soon... I see @CALLAKN received some pics of his build on the 8th of June though - looks fantastic. Have you collected yours yet @CALLAKN ?

think they were waiting on mattress this week, mine was a demo so already half finished ! Just got them to change the work top to a different colour. Would say it’ll be ready end of the week!

think they were waiting on mattress this week, mine was a demo so already half finished ! Just got them to change the work top to a different colour. Would say it’ll be ready end of the week!
Ah, enjoy when you get it, they do look great! Would you mind sharing some pics when you get it, please, and letting us know your thoughts on it? I’m particularly interested in the ease of returning it to the seat position from the bed being down. Thanks, Ian

Last edited:
No, not yet Ken, hoping to hear something soon... I see @CALLAKN received some pics of his build on the 8th of June though - looks fantastic. Have you collected yours yet @CALLAKN ?
hi Ian
Hope your well ,any news on your seatpod installation , we had an email today from slidepods saying we will have ours in another 6 weeks :oops: , just wondered what you had been told about yours. im a little disappointed to say the least as i was originally told if i got my deposit in quickly (which we did as we knew they would be busy this year due to covid and wanted to make sure we were at the front of the queue ) we would be in the first batch of the pods. Another 6 weeks will mean we have been waiting around 11 weeks from order when i was originally told 4 to 5 weeks once deposit was received. We have made plans to go away which now looks like it will not be possible , obviously still looking forward to getting the pod but as i said , the shine has been taken away with the news we received today . My wife is going to ring them tomorrow to see what is going on
look forward to hearing from you .
thanks
ken

hi Ian
Hope your well ,any news on your seatpod installation , we had an email today from slidepods saying we will have ours in another 6 weeks :oops: , just wondered what you had been told about yours. im a little disappointed to say the least as i was originally told if i got my deposit in quickly (which we did as we knew they would be busy this year due to covid and wanted to make sure we were at the front of the queue ) we would be in the first batch of the pods. Another 6 weeks will mean we have been waiting around 11 weeks from order when i was originally told 4 to 5 weeks once deposit was received. We have made plans to go away which now looks like it will not be possible , obviously still looking forward to getting the pod but as i said , the shine has been taken away with the news we received today . My wife is going to ring them tomorrow to see what is going on
look forward to hearing from you .
thanks
ken
Hi Ken, I haven’t heard anything back yet, last email I received said that they were hoping to have the first batch all completed by today. I hope I don’t have another 6 weeks to wait as that would take it to over 16 weeks! Did they give you a reason for the delay?

No , my wife is ringing today to see why the wait has been extended( I was told I would be in the first batch as-well which is why I put my deposit down straight away ) , I messaged @CALLAKN aswell last night he has replied that he is picking his up today .

,I’ll let you know how my wife gets on today , as I said still looking forward to getting it , just want some info from them as to what exactly is going on
Thanks
Ken

No , my wife is ringing today to see why the wait has been extended( I was told I would be in the first batch as-well which is why I put my deposit down straight away ) , I messaged @CALLAKN aswell last night he has replied that he is picking his up today .

,I’ll let you know how my wife gets on today , as I said still looking forward to getting it , just want some info from them as to what exactly is going on
Thanks
Ken

Thanks
Ken
Hi Ian good news My wife just spoke to the guys they are hoping 2 weeks and ours is the last of the batch so would imagine yours is already in production
Happy now Thanks
Ken

Hey guys picked mine up....

I ordered it in March, and it’s a demo... so was already built!! They’re snowed under lads with orders, I paid my 50% deposit back in March ! Just hold on lads! Well worth the wait

Hey guys picked mine up....

I ordered it in March, and it’s a demo... so was already built!! They’re snowed under lads with orders, I paid my 50% deposit back in March ! Just hold on lads! Well worth the wait
Ah congratulation! Enjoy!! Need to see some pics! What’s the mechanism like, to open the bed and return it to the seat position?

Back