Safety issue- Engine dies when changing gear.

You can't I'm afraid but hopefully more info will come along soon

The crux of the matter is, I have worked dammed hard to buy a new vehicle of my dreams, and I will give the dealers one last chance to rectify this problem of a potential death trap, that cuts out before it comes to a stop, if it is not fixed then I will go to every motoring organisation and the media to bring this problem to light and also seek legal advice, after all if I had been made aware of this problem I would not have purchased !!!! "At low speeds,the engine can be started again if it has stalled by immediately pressing the clutch pedal " (not true) quote from user manual...

this problem hurts me but it is also dangerous! let me know how the deal goes with the dealers, even here in Italy we have to do something ....

Must admit that I did not read all posts. I'm driving T6 for 15 days now. It (engine dying) happened to me 2 or 3 times during first 3 days (always at low speed coming to stop) I thought that feedback (noise/vibrations or rather my reactions to them) from engine are to blame (they were more pronounced in my previous caddy). Since I got habit to turn off ASS right after starting van it not manifested itself yet..

now I am careful not to arrive with a "long" ride on a roundabout or a crossroad ... but with the engine always in "shooting" .... but always remains a real bargain

My issue is finally resolved, I have a new Van. VW Corporate got involved and said I couldn't have my van back, I had a number of options given to me, including a new factory order but interestingly I wasn't allowed a 150 DSG, only a 204 DSG (at no cost to me) or a 150 manual. I could also choose from what vans were in UK stock and take what I wanted, this was the route I took and luckily my local dealer had the colour I wanted.

The van I purchased in May was an ex demo 66 plate Cherry Red T32 Highline, 150 DSG, the only options were composite media, app connect, and (dealer fit) ply Lining. I wasn't looking for a DSG but it was the right van at the right price for me. It had 3000 (ish) miles on the clock.

The van I picked was an unregistered MY18 Cherry Red T32 Highline, 150 Manual, with discovery media, front sensors, rear camera, electric folding mirrors, twin sliding doors, split rear seats with leatherette interior. As part of the deal I negotiated these dealer fit accessories: App Connect (as I already had it) roof rails, side bars, mud flaps and a full carpet 'wrap' rather than the basic ply lining, also the 5-year warranty. They also fitted the accessories I added to my previous van, wind deflectors on the front windows, rear bumper protector and rubber mats and paid for sign writing, 12 months tax and the costs to change my insurance.

All in all, I've fallen in sh*t and come out smelling of roses. I've been very impressed with both the dealer and in particular VW corporate who called me twice weekly to make sure I was happy, it seems to be a very specific fault I had (you can read my earlier post where I describe what happened) so I'm not sure if everybody posting here has exactly the same fault?

I went away from DSG because I had a loan van which was manual and honestly preferred it, mine was the first auto box I had and I didn't warm to it, also, I want to keep the van (currently company owned) and convert it so thought a manual would be cheaper to maintain in later life.

With regards to the MY18 vehicle, it feels completely different, smoother, quieter, more refined, strangely even the H4's seem a lot better, I'll post some pics I took pre-signwriting later.

Too strong!! In Italy I think I should have kicked the VW manager's ass before getting some satisfaction ...

Just a thought, re the engine stalling on approach to a roundabout or sharp bend... could it be a consequence of the way Bluemotion works?
Throttle off, braking and hence massive alternator load through BMT, then clutch down, suddenly removing the assistance that has been coming from the overrun into the bend... all of which leaves the engine at low revs, under a sudden heavy alternator load with no throttle input... ?
I've no idea, just thinking aloud...
Cheers
Phil

I think we will be getting some news on this soon and a recall in due course.
I hear this is now a known problem on certain vehicles but VW are still diagnosing and coming up with a fix
Do you know if there has been any update on this issue yet, thanks

Back