Rup's T6

Rupie

T6 Pro
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new here so hi!
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally had chance to do a few little jobs.
Its a 2017 T28 SWB 102bhp, panel van spec currently but planning on a few alterations to make it into a day van that I can sleep and transport bikes etc in.

So far I've removed the bulkhead (but not the mounts, need to find a no.10 spline for the seatbelts), de-badged the rear and fitted Hiko wind deflectors.

Its running banded Amarok steelies and H&R deep drop coilovers, kind of like the 'utility' look it has going on at the moment but may change this further on down the line.

Current plans are insulation and carpet lining the rear with LED spots, Kiravan swivel on the front bench and leather seats.

I'm thinking of windows in the slider and opposite but cant make up my mind currently, I like how it looks in its current form but could do with abit of light in the back for when its been used as a camper, I don't want it feeling like a cave if I'm stuck in there on a rainy day!

Let me know what you all think! :D

20180721_165851.jpg

20180721_165906.jpg

20180721_171230.jpg

IMG_20180729_223853_877.jpg

IMG_20180730_132735_220.jpg

IMG_20180730_132931_640.jpg

IMG_20180730_133102_077.jpg

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally had chance to do a few little jobs.
Its a 2017 T28 SWB 102bhp, panel van spec currently but planning on a few alterations to make it into a day van that I can sleep and transport bikes etc in.

So far I've removed the bulkhead (but not the mounts, need to find a no.10 spline for the seatbelts), de-badged the rear and fitted Hiko wind deflectors.

Its running banded Amarok steelies and H&R deep drop coilovers, kind of like the 'utility' look it has going on at the moment but may change this further on down the line.

Current plans are insulation and carpet lining the rear with LED spots, Kiravan swivel on the front bench and leather seats.

I'm thinking of windows in the slider and opposite but cant make up my mind currently, I like how it looks in its current form but could do with abit of light in the back for when its been used as a camper, I don't want it feeling like a cave if I'm stuck in there on a rainy day!

View attachment 26232

View attachment 26233

View attachment 26234

View attachment 26235

View attachment 26236

View attachment 26237

View attachment 26238

How do you rate the H&R deeps?

How do you rate the H&R deeps?

I really like them, comfy enough and nice and firm, super fun to drive for a van!
This is my first modified van however so only really have cars on coilovers to compare to.

Quick update, had Mick at North East Camper Interiors in Newton Aycliffe do a whole load of work on the van.
Super happy with how its all turned out.

Bentley quilted black leather on front seats with a Kiravan swivel on the bench

Fully insulated and carpet lined in a dark grey with LED spots

Kiravan windows with sliders on the door and opposite.

Altro flooring with Kombi style lashing points retained for van usability

Leisure battery under the drivers seat with 12v and 4xUSB chargers.

Currently no bed in there, just using a double airbed in the back which fits really nicely, surprised how I could still stash everything needed for a weekend away including a 45L coolbox in a SWB

I'll get some proper pics up for the interior over the next few days, but here's a side shot from my first weekend away in the Lakes.

41646424_284949258772274_6319661496373720417_n.jpg

I love the look of this, nice and simple but it works really well!
Can't wait to see the inside :)

Think I spotted you at Hamsterley earlier today?

Was sure I'd seen the van on here. Commercial and low. Was looking good!

View attachment 26232

View attachment 26233

View attachment 26234

View attachment 26235

View attachment 26236

View attachment 26237

View attachment 26238
Hey mate I know this is an old post but what size tyres were you using on your amarok banded wheels!
They look perfect.

Neglected my own build thread here for quite some time, some massive changes since I posted last.
Had the inside of the van insulated and carpet lined with LED down lights and a leisure battery, front seats have been re-trimmed and Kiravans double swivel base installed.

Had a folding bed made by Flatout Camper Beds in Halifax, I need to retain the van functionality for mountain biking and hauling stuff but need to be able to quickly convert it into a camper, Flatout Camper Beds offered the perfect solution to this.

I build a cooker unit as at the time I was trying to pass the DVLA camper regs. but got knocked back a couple of times, its still in there as hardly takes up any space and is useful for making a brew in the rain or cooking in the van (much prefer outside cooking if weather allows)

Table under the bed allows for a nice living space when the bench is turned with dining area for two.

Sorry for the terrible quality photos, had to take them from my Instagram story as this seems to be the only place I foolishly saved them! @rup_hoyland if your interested! :D

SmartSelect_20200227-231006_Instagram.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-230938_Instagram.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-231016_Instagram.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-231224_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-231157_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-231146_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-231214_Gallery.jpg SmartSelect_20200227-230821_Instagram.jpg

After having to be pushed out of a campsite by a group of DofE schoolchildren last year I've been deeply contemplating how practical running a camper an inch from the floor truly is.

I've been following a few 'off road' threads on here an no doubt asking a load of questions, which I'm really grateful for you guys entertaining. Yesterday I pulled the trigger and (because I cant have anything standard) went to the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Back on standard suspension (It really is ridiculously high!) and 16" steelies banded to 8.5" and powder coated by Dutchy Banded Wheels, wrapped in BFGoodrich All Terrain 235 70 16 tyres, its now in its current 'Adventure Van' form, ready for some highland adventures this spring. I've got the NC500 planned for April, hopefully as close to wild camping as I can get with a couple of campsite stops.

My parents did this back in the '80s in a T2 so following in their footsteps and wanting to find some of the hidden beaches and special places they found, the previous ride height just wasn't going to cut it.

thumbnail_IMG_20200227_184905_928.jpg

Do watch this thread however as the H&R deep drops and Amarok steelies are still in the shed ;)

Back