Running Radio off Leisure Battery

You may be in luck, T6F HQ is in Plymouth

Happy to catch up and see whats what, not done it before but we can have a look a see whats what and hopefully learn something for everyone else ?

Thought I had already replied to this.....

That would be great - thank you! Will touch base once COVID has settled down a little if thats alright?

Cheers,

EDIT - looks like I am having a special moment!

Afternoon All,

Going to see if I can restart this topic a little.... now that we have (hopefully) figured out we can increased the cut out timer to 60mins from 20mins, it leaves me with the challenge of wiring the head unit into the leisure battery.

Has anyone does this? Is it a DIY job, and if so can anyone offer some advice? Have tried to do a little digging, but couldn't find out a huge amount.

Cheers,

Tom

Or am I missing something?.

I need this fixing on mine I really want to be able to use the onboard unit to provide sound from the tablet tats paired so I can watch films.

So what is that actual cause of the stereo shutting down, I don’t really understand CANBUS yet.

a signal to the unit telling it the ignition switch is off?

Seems overly painful to have to have another one in the van.

My understanding is that if it detects less than 14v (or something like that) it will turn off after 20 mins as it knows the engine isn't on and supplying charge to the battery.

So if you have it hooked up to your LB it will just turn off after 20 mins (unless you are on hook up of course).

Thats my understanding anyway.

Seems overly painful to have to have another one in the van.

Not really. Our solution with the additional unit works very well and is easily controlled from the leisure area. See my post #15 above. A faff to install perhaps but good functionality and user interface.

Not really. Our solution with the additional unit works very well and is easily controlled from the leisure area. See my post #15 above. A faff to install perhaps but good functionality and user interface.
Personally for me a separate unit in the back feels a bit like an 80s caravan, that's what I think when I see it. I'm not a fan of duplication and want everything to work simply and seamlessly if I can. That being said it doesn't look like there is that option atm given the limitations of the stock head unit.

I guess I'll have to swap out the main head unit with something else if I want to achieve what I'm looking for.

It cant be voltage sensing 14v as it works with the ignition key on but engine not running.

Not sure about pulling this thing out and having a nose - it had a moan when I turned it on without the key in the other day.

It cant be voltage sensing 14v as it works with the ignition key on but engine not running.

Not sure about pulling this thing out and having a nose - it had a moan when I turned it on without the key in the other day.
It works with ignition but still turns off after 20 mins apparently. I've not tested it but thats what I have been told. I might give it a go as I have all the wires ready but just not tried it.

If it is just the headunit sensing 14v then a simple buck might solve this - somehow though I doubt it.
Everything I've tried on my T6 ends in a dead end :)

Back