Retrofitting Electric seats

Yep that's the one I have ordered, can let you know how I get on with it.

Yep that's the one I have ordered, can let you know how I get on with it.
Great cheers for that. I’m fitting them Saturday so I will temp rig them up for now but it would be good to get them running properly at some point.

Great cheers for that. I’m fitting them Saturday so I will temp rig them up for now but it would be good to get them running properly at some point.
let me know how you get on, be next week sometime for me.

From what I’ve read the electric seats don’t work on a swivel base? They wired them up with connector blocks but I’ve since re done them with oem plugs. Brown to brown, red to red are the obvious ones, I’ll have a look at mine later to see what the other ones are
Hi Andrew

Any pictures of your wiring? Would be really helpfull thanks.

just checked the tracking, mine have arrived at local depot so see if I can call in and collect tomorrow rather than wait till Monday.

I've just bought a pair of genuine VW electric seats from a caravelle and stupidly assumed that they would pretty much be plug and play but of course it’s not that easy! My existing seats were already heated so those controls will already be there but I’m not sure about the power for the electric bits and any data cables there may be. Does anyone have any experience as to which cable does what and if the power should be a constant feed or on the ignition etc. Any help or advise would be greatly received! I’ve attached a photo of the plug from the new seat which appers to do everything, seat motors, seat belt and heater where as the old seat had two separate plugs, one for the heater and one for the seat belt
Cheers
Andy

View attachment 31991
Hi. I’ve just done exactly the same as you. Mine has yellow plug too! Could you take a picture of your wiring now it’s done please, so I can see if I can do it?

FBB47791-6AD0-40C2-A040-98A7A5A71B2A.jpeg

not 100% sure but is that yellow plug not the one for the side airbags, the caravelle seats I recently installed in mine had this plug and I have just left it disconnected and everything electrical adjustment wise works fine.

not 100% sure but is that yellow plug not the one for the side airbags, the caravelle seats I recently installed in mine had this plug and I have just left it disconnected and everything electrical adjustment wise works fine.
I haven’t a clue. I’m sure you’re right & im happy to ditch it too. But how do you get the black plug connected when all you have is this......

3816E0C6-B859-4B50-99D4-36A266D53D9E.jpeg

Yellow plug is definitely seat airbag. Not sure what the seat heater plug looks like, but the is a black one under there that is for the seat belt clasp so that the van and dash goes “bing bong” when you don’t have your seat belt on.

The mantra with any electric seat is "don't touch the yellow plug!", bit like the snow :D
In my experience yellow is always the airbag.

Back