Retrofitting Electric seats

These are the three wires I need to know what does what. The connector is a single connector on the base of a t6 caravelle electric seat

8863EB4A-F9B6-44DB-92DE-03E3D1BCFF00.jpeg

These are the three wires I need to know what does what. The connector is a single connector on the base of a t6 caravelle electric seat

View attachment 32417
Hi Andrew

I’m now about to purchase the exact same seats to replace my two standard heated seats in my T6 high line. Came across your post and now need your help I assume you got this sorted? Your help would be much appreciated

Hi Andrew

I’m now about to purchase the exact same seats to replace my two standard heated seats in my T6 high line. Came across your post and now need your help I assume you got this sorted? Your help would be much appreciated
Hi mate
I eventually got it sorted by the guys at Oxford t5 who were the only people who seemed to know what wire did what! The only thing that was tricky was the heated seats, they just didn’t seem to be able to get them going until we realised that the engine had to be running to get them to work!

Hi mate
I eventually got it sorted by the guys at Oxford t5 who were the only people who seemed to know what wire did what! The only thing that was tricky was the heated seats, they just didn’t seem to be able to get them going until we realised that the engine had to be running to get them to work!
Thanks Andrew. How did they join the cables in the end? Did you have a new plug or a JB?

Do you think they will have a list as to what cable does what? It’s something I’m attempting this Saturday and would be very handy to have as much info as possible.

Thanks again for your help.

Ps Oxford is 3.5 hours drive from me or I would go see them

From what I’ve read the electric seats don’t work on a swivel base? They wired them up with connector blocks but I’ve since re done them with oem plugs. Brown to brown, red to red are the obvious ones, I’ll have a look at mine later to see what the other ones are

From what I’ve read the electric seats don’t work on a swivel base? They wired them up with connector blocks but I’ve since re done them with oem plugs. Brown to brown, red to red are the obvious ones, I’ll have a look at mine later to see what the other ones are
Great cheers Andy. Any ideas why they would not work with swivels? That would be a big thing for me. I cannot find any threads on this.

Great cheers Andy. Any ideas why they would not work with swivels? That would be a big thing for me. I cannot find any threads on this.
Not factory, but I had electric Audi seats on swivel bases in my T5. The wiring has to come up through the centre hole, protected by flexible conduit so it doesn’t get snagged. I’ll see if I can dig a picture out.

Not factory, but I had electric Audi seats on swivel bases in my T5. The wiring has to come up through the centre hole, protected by flexible conduit so it doesn’t get snagged. I’ll see if I can dig a picture out.
1F1BC1DB-C6DE-4EBB-A73B-14FD6079B5D3.jpeg

Thanks Andy. My standard high line Simora heated seats are on RIB swivels. I have a leisure battery under the drivers seat so was thinking about taking the power to the seats from this?

Thanks Andy. My standard high line Simora heated seats are on RIB swivels. I have a leisure battery under the drivers seat so was thinking about taking the power to the seats from this?
That’s how I wired mine. My leisure battery was under that sideways bench and I took the power from there, via a separate fuse for each seat. I ended up running another even thicker wire through to it as well to connect to the heating elements. I also reversed the seats (driver <>passenger ) so that the seat moving controls were accessible when parked, swapping the seatbelts over.

That sounds a great idea. The only thing for me would be the memory positions for me and the wife but I suppose it’s not often we swap driving.

With my old Simora seats I had to pump them up for the plastics to clear the swivel before I could push the seat fully back. Is this the same with the Caravelle seats?

2BE72471-3F67-4287-BE33-CE16FE114AAB.jpeg

That sounds a great idea. The only thing for me would be the memory positions for me and the wife but I suppose it’s not often we swap driving.

With my old Simora seats I had to pump them up for the plastics to clear the swivel before I could push the seat fully back. Is this the same with the Caravelle seats?

View attachment 43433
I didn’t have memory buttons, or Caravelle seats so can’t help there I’m afraid.

I've just done the same - if you look on fleabay there is a kufatec wiring harness for T6 electric heated seats, not cheap but looks like it will sort any issues (fingers crossed) and make the install easy (I hope)

Back