My T6.1 OEM Heated Seat Retrofit

Knightroturbo

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Thought I’d start a new thread as I’m reading threads about doing it on the T6 expecting it to be similar in the T6.1!
Anyway my van doesn’t have heated seat so just has the standard manual AC controller. I’ve bought a used one from a 2022 model which includes heated seat buttons & heated rear window switch which I don’t need!

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2396.jpeg

I just received the Kufatec loom, expected the main plug to fit into this unit but as you can see from pic below it’s too big!!

IMG_2397.jpeg

I think I need a heated seat module as well. Anyone shed any further light on this :)

Thought I’d start a new thread as I’m reading threads about doing it on the T6 expecting it to be similar in the T6.1!
Anyway my van doesn’t have heated seat so just has the standard manual AC controller. I’ve bought a used one from a 2022 model which includes heated seat buttons & heated rear window switch which I don’t need!

I just received the Kufatec loom, expected the main plug to fit into this unit but as you can see from pic below it’s too big!!

I think I need a heated seat module as well. Anyone shed any further light on this :)
If this works I a similar fashion to the T6, you’ll be able to add a wire to the BCM that links in with the heated rear window, which once coded should work (presuming you’ve a glazed tailgate/barn doors with HRW installed). If not, you could still tell the van via VCDS that it’s installed and code it so your heated mirrors come on with the HRW button - that means you don’t have to worry about leaving the mirror selector on heat. Or you should be able to just ignore it if either doesn’t appeal.

The module may be the same for the T6, albeit a newer version. One of the parts websites should specify.

And you should be able to just buy the corresponding connector block for your new climatic unit and re-pin the loom with a simple pinning tool (or a pair of staples, if you’re desperate!).

Unless Kufatec have said otherwise, you may find that you need to treat the left seat as the right and vice-versa, as they will likely have written the instructions for a LHD vehicle.

I’ll tag @Pauly here as he loves a retrofit and now has a T6.1, so he may be keen to see how this retrofit goes.

Thanks Ads, the Kufatec loom hasn’t come with any instructions! You might have to download them. I’m guessing that the loom I have bought runs from a control module to the seats and power supply? Meaning there must be something that goes from the AC unit to the control module, unless I have the wrong loom

I’m guessing that the loom I have bought runs from a control module to the seats and power supply? Meaning there must be something that goes from the AC unit to the control module, unless I have the wrong loom
@justinricky said the same thing about his loom -

I think that thread is for the T6.

The T6.1 loom that I have received only has 3 connections to be made in the car:

1) Thick power lead that I will connect in the fusebox.
2) Ground loop.
3) LIN wire - this is the one that got me, any ideas as to where to splice this one into?

This is the Kufatec loom I ordered for the 6.1

I’m guessing thick white wire is for positive feed, the one with hoop is ground/negative not sure what the very thin white one is?? Two black plugs for seats, purple plug, I assume heated seat control module??

IMG_2398.jpeg

Ads is right and I do love a nice retrofit !!

I’ve never looked at the heated seats for a 6.1 in any detail and a bit short on time at the moment

Have you downloaded the relevant wiring diagram and checked over the wiring and components required ? The diagram will show you what pins go where and what components they pass through so should be able to clarify and guide you a bit, if the thin cable is linbus then there may not be a direct connection it could be picking up signals from there ?

Ads is right and I do love a nice retrofit !!

I’ve never looked at the heated seats for a 6.1 in any detail and a bit short on time at the moment

Have you downloaded the relevant wiring diagram and checked over the wiring and components required ? The diagram will show you what pins go where and what components they pass through so should be able to clarify and guide you a bit, if the thin cable is linbus then there may not be a direct connection it could be picking up signals from there ?
Hi Pauly, yes I have downloaded the wiring diagram & just trying to work my way through it I’ve emailed Kufatec to ask if they have any instructions for the loom. The problem with the wiring diagram and the loom is, the loom only uses white wires so you’ll have to assume it marries up with the colours on the wiring diagram

If and when I manage to get this part sorted, I then need to connect them to the Tiguan seats I’ve put in , different seat plugs

Hi Pauly, yes I have downloaded the wiring diagram & just trying to work my way through it I’ve emailed Kufatec to ask if they have any instructions for the loom. The problem with the wiring diagram and the loom is, the loom only uses white wires so you’ll have to assume it marries up with the colours on the wiring diagram

If and when I manage to get this part sorted, I then need to connect them to the Tiguan seats I’ve put in , different seat plugs
Others will correct me if I’m wrong, but by comparing the wiring diagrams with the connector blocks, you’ll be able to work out what cable refers to what (and then label them up, to make your life easier).
Lay it all out and see how it looks, and that’ll get you nearer to understanding it all. That’s how I done it with the tailgate loom (plus an awful lot of help :whistle: )

Having looked at the wiring diagram off here (Kufatec don’t seem to have one) I’m assuming and don’t shoot me down!! That you need the following parts

An AC unit that includes the heated seat switches
Heated front seat control unit
Wiring loom & seats with pads in or the the pads if fitting separately.

The loom connects to the heated front seat control unit (purple plug) with the two black plugs going to the seats. The wires remaining go to the on board power supply (J519) picking up a supply a ground & a Lin connection.

kufatec recommend you buy a coding dongle, so I’m thinking that the AC control on the dash is coded to talk to the heated seat module via the lin cable, thus in turn operates the seats??

Could be barking up the wrong tree, but that’s the best I can come up with at the moment, be great if someone could tell me otherwise :)

Having looked at the wiring diagram off here (Kufatec don’t seem to have one) I’m assuming and don’t shoot me down!! That you need the following parts

An AC unit that includes the heated seat switches
Heated front seat control unit
Wiring loom & seats with pads in or the the pads if fitting separately.

The loom connects to the heated front seat control unit (purple plug) with the two black plugs going to the seats. The wires remaining go to the on board power supply (J519) picking up a supply a ground & a Lin connection.

kufatec recommend you buy a coding dongle, so I’m thinking that the AC control on the dash is coded to talk to the heated seat module via the lin cable, thus in turn operates the seats??

Could be barking up the wrong tree, but that’s the best I can come up with at the moment, be great if someone could tell me otherwise :)
Based on the above, that sounds about right.

The coding module will write a short code similar to what VCDS will do. Have a look for a member nearby on the member map, or find a local garage who can code it for you.

I have a T6.1 Kombi 1st registered in 2019, so a 2020 model

I too bought the Kufatec loom for the T6.1. One thick white wire is labelled SC 55 K1.75, and the other thick wire with eyelet connector is labelled Ground. The thin white wire is labelled T73C /15 Linbus.

Does anybody have photos of where these are connected to. Apart from the wire with the eyelet none of them have any crimped connections on the end.

I also want to install heated seats in the T6 from 2018, do I need to replace the BCM, now I have 7E0937090C
What do you want to know about connecting the installation?

Heated front seats control unit 5K0959772A
Plug 8PIN
2 - BCM 73-pin connector, black - PIN36
3 - SC27
6 - SC27
7 - GND
8 - Climatronic Plug_20PIN - PIN 10 or Air conditioning system Plug_20PIN - PIN 13 and Driver seat temperature sensor / Front passenger seat temperature sensor Plug_4PIN - PIN 3

Back