Retrofitting Electric seats

T6Andy

T6 Pro
can I fit any other make of Electric seats? My seats aren't Electric but could I have an auto electrician run power to a set of Electric seats to power the motors and any added seat heating? I have a chance of free Nissan 300zx seats that need a full refurb....they would look the part once done!

I've just bought a pair of genuine VW electric seats from a caravelle and stupidly assumed that they would pretty much be plug and play but of course it’s not that easy! My existing seats were already heated so those controls will already be there but I’m not sure about the power for the electric bits and any data cables there may be. Does anyone have any experience as to which cable does what and if the power should be a constant feed or on the ignition etc. Any help or advise would be greatly received! I’ve attached a photo of the plug from the new seat which appers to do everything, seat motors, seat belt and heater where as the old seat had two separate plugs, one for the heater and one for the seat belt
Cheers
Andy

upload_2018-11-21_17-29-39.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure we can figure it out, are you looking at cutting and joining wires or are you wanting to swap cables into different plugs ?

Send me the details of the vehicle the seats came from and some pics and part numbers of the plugs you have on seats and in van and I will have a look at it over the weekend

Cheers mate, I’ll take some pics in the morning and post them up here. Essentially my existing seats were heated so have a plug for that which had 3 cables which I assume two are -ve and +ve and the third for the temp sensor. The second smaller plug is just two thin cables which I think is the seat belt warning sensor. The new seat just has one larger (the one in the original post) which must incorporate everything. Not sure if the power needs to be anything special incorporating data etc or just on the ignition or permanent feed. Hope that makes sense

I have meet the guys from T5 cotswold a few times as they are not far from my factory. They have a good setup with a stock of parts for T5 and 6, all looked it good condition to me.

Nice seats BTW :thumbsup:

I'd be interested in fitting a set of these if they could be modified to fit the OEM swivels :unsure:

Here’s photos of the plugs on the new seats (the large ones) and small ones are the existing wiring in the van. If anyone can help identify which wire does what on the new seats that would be super helpful!

upload_2018-11-22_14-19-50.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-20-26.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-20-49.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-21-9.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-21-30.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-21-50.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-22-8.jpeg

upload_2018-11-22_14-22-27.jpeg

@Pauly have you got any ideas on the above? I’ve worked out the fat brown and two reds for the electric part but can’t seem to work out which wire is which for the heated seats?
Cheers

Back