[Resolved] Front fogs work but not with switch

DTT6

Living the dream one sleep at a time
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi - long story shorter;

Autobeam switchback led as recommended by @Loz been working for 3yrs - Now one has failed and other stops working.
Replace with original bulbs but still not working via switch.
Left and right turns - fog lamps work
Use carista to set drl as fogs and they work.
Perform an ECU reset (capacitive discharge) as per @Dellmassive and retry.

Original fogs still wont illuminate via the dashboard switch.
Rear fogs all ok.

Any ideas what to do next?

Last edited:
are we saying the switch is defective?

anyone close to try a switch swap?

1667226041975.png

Well I have the auto version but the front fog picture lights up when I turn the knob just doesn't turn them on. The rear fog works but the picture beside the knob doesn't illuminate and I just get the dash indication instead.
I think its a case of setting to auto and pulling the knob off to reveal screws. I then assume its a case of pulling the switch right out to remove.
I have no-one I know nearby to try another

Hang on, are you saying you are turning the switch to turn the foglights on?

You pull the switch out. 1 notch for front fogs, 2 notches for front and rear. The switch needs to be turned to the side light or dipped beam position. You can't turn the fog lights on if the switch in in the Off or Auto position.

@dubber36 - no problem with how the switch works, its been all good last 4 yrs. As I had led issue I reinstalled original bulbs but now they wont turn on via the switch. I thought perhaps ECU got confused so went for the reset but still no good.
Original bulbs work when I am in reverse, they work if I enable for left and right turns so @Dellmassive suggested the switch worth changing/testing.

I assume you have checked fuses? As there are multiple supplies (switch v BCU)

@Loz - I’ve been through your other posts re fuses and all appear ok. I also can’t see any other faults.
I had read about ‘system’ disabling fogs if one bulb fails. Is there any truth in this and would there be any other procedure to follow to ‘reset’?
In the meantime I will try another switch.

@Loz - I’ve been through your other posts re fuses and all appear ok. I also can’t see any other faults.
I had read about ‘system’ disabling fogs if one bulb fails. Is there any truth in this and would there be any other procedure to follow to ‘reset’?
In the meantime I will try another switch.
What year is your van?
I'll look at the switch wiring, you may be able to test the sitch by metering the cables if I look up what wires to test.

What year is your van?
I'll look at the switch wiring, you may be able to test the sitch by metering the cables if I look up what wires to test.
Its 2018 ‘68 Caravelle and thank you

So checked fuse sc8 (5a) and sc32 (7.5a), both ok. The switch continuity is as follows;
8 + 9 = off
8 + 2 = Auto
8 + 3 = Side
8 + 1 = dip
8 + 1 + 5 = front fog
8 + 1 + 5 + 7 = rear fog

Last edited:
@Dellmassive @Loz - tried a new switch today just to be sure and still have the same problem.
I tried the battery disconnect process again and left +- cables linked for about an hour just to try the ‘ECU reset’ again and no difference ☹️

Success :) - fogs lights working via switch.

It was a Carista beta feature. As long as I have the beta feature enabled my fogs work. Changing the other carista fog options make no difference.

Seems I may need to consider investing in the big boys toys :cool: to understand what is really happening with my vans programming!

AC1D0426-19E2-40B4-8426-CDEDB836BCB8.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back